Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
How are you taking care of your N900 now most people have had chance to look around the market online (which is growing!) for N900 accessories.

Ordered a hard shell on Ebay had that on for about a week now and i decided to take it off today give the device a quick clean and what not...

Wish i didn't take it off.. the device is beautiful without it on the cover adds a lot of bulk and i think i'll be going the invisible shield route for protection.

Got a pack of bog standard screen protectors coming soon but i want an all round protection on my n900 no scratches so far.. touch wood..

Anyone here risking it and keeping there N900 naked or are you using a particular cover and how would you rate it.

Invisible shield for the N900 full body cover is $28 delivered to the UK had these previously on Apples devices and i was quite pleased i might go back to one so i can keep the look and feel of my n900 similar to when it first carressed my hands when i removed it from the box.

------
p.s...

Gutting absolutely gutting to see nokia FAIL to include basic clear screen protector for this device in the box....

------

totally naked

I have a screen cover and use the official nokia leather case to carry around - not the best outer protection there is but it was the only one i found at the store.

I'm ditching the outer shell case... to much bulk

The Following User Says Thank You to marcdxn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I have using screen protector from the day i opened the box, and im happy for that since it has some nasty scratches now that would be on screen without it, and they are so cheap. I would recommend not to use those invisible shield piece of sh*t crap, theyll only ruin your phone and it looks like crap after..

EDIT: And i have custom made leather case also, when me and my n900 hit the road

the screen protectors have cost me £2.90 for a pack of X6 from ebay via hongkong only trouble with those is the rest of the body is open to the elements of my infested pockets.

I have been using an IS since I got the phone and am glad I went with it. It's a nine piece set, including one for the lens cover surface where it reads "Carl Zeiss"

I'm not going to talk about all the normal stuff to expect when using any IS or any other similar shield, you know the issues and can expect them across the board with every option.

The only thing really worth mentioning, is that it does change the behavior of the resistive touch screen. It takes just a tad bit more effort when scrolling for example, compared to without something covering the screen. It's not that big of a deal, but to all those sad souls who might have the Apple marketing nagging them from the back of the head, it's worth mentioning as an unbiased opinion.

Aside from that, the protection of the touch screen with a shield easily outweighs the .00000001 additional force required to operate the screen!

The Following User Says Thank You to Inacurate For This Useful Post:
I use clear protector. It comes with 3 pieces and the same stuff invisible makes their shields out of. Because theback and front is plastic, ive made two key scratches and it went through(because the plastic is soft) and now i have a few markes on the device. The protector also is pealing off within a month or two. They say they will give me another one free but i have to pay shipping. Its not good. I wont recommend.

I have one of these, does the job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xatjnXQSFJg

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
I ordered the PDair hinged aluminium case and a hybrid rubberised case when I bought my N900.

The hybrid case was cheap, but looked pretty good apart from the main joint line (between the two shells) that looked rough and untidy. The slide action was good once I cleaned up the faces with fine glasspaper, but the retaining lugs were thin and broke off quickly. It seems to still hold on OK, but I went over to the PDair case at this point.

I didn't like the look of the original PDair design - I thought it a little too bulky so I cut, filed and polished the screen aperture until it looked like this:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/pho...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/pho...eat=directlink

It offers plenty of protection when I'm on site, but when I get home or out and about I go nekked (the N900, that is) The case is neoprene lined to absorb shock and gives the phone a real 'Military Spec' look if that's your bag, but still fits in your pocket.

If you open the 'lid' to use the keyboard it's all too easy for it to swing closed and the catch will hit the screen so screen protection is a must.

I added a Proporta Advanced Screen Protector last week and I'm very impressed; although the grained finish impairs screen quality a bit it's as tough as old boots and does not show fingerprints & grease. The screen still functions just as well and the stylus feels more controlled over the grained surface. It went on easily - no water or soap involved and no bubbles! You can remove, wash & replace it if needed. Not the cheapest, but seems v good quality.

Last edited by NokTokDaddy; 2010-04-07 at 15:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post: