Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Engadget is following the iPhone OS 4.0-event and something funny just happened. Jobs is introducing new features and says the biggest one is multitasking. He says:

"Now we weren't the first to this party, but we're gonna be the best. Just like cut and paste."
So I'm sitting here thinking that it's going to work like Expose with some small trick to make it better than the N900, halfway excited and halfway .

And then I see the screenshot.

It looks exactly like the s60 task switcher. EXACTLY.

And you call up the menu by DOUBLE-CLICKING the home button.

I'm not one to be a gigantic fanboy, but this is hilarious.

Scroll to 10:16

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Thats was my first thought as well. S60.

EDIT:Steve has just invented folders for apps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
This cracked me up. My various nokias, both NITs and Phones have been doing this since day 1*

"The next service is background location. There are two classes of apps that want to use this -- turn by turn, like TomTom. These always want to know where you are so they can provide directions. Now you can get them in the background, you can even listen to music, and it's still giving you directions."

This Guy will be trying to tell the world he's invented breathing next...!

* yea, and monitoring email, twitter, scrobbling my music, and (in the case of the NITs and carman" displaying and logging various data from my car via ODB. Bloody Apple.

Last edited by gazza_d; 2010-04-08 at 17:43.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
The new enterprise and gaming features are nice.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
The sad part is, there are brainwashed masses which will fall for the trick and spend their money on that evil thing, thinking how genious it is, when in fact it's becoming an even bigger piece of joke than it already is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
The new enterprise and gaming features are nice.
Your friends pestering you to be on the same social feature has huge lock in potential. Nokia better implement something similar fast. They could use Ovi to integrate accounts over Windows and s60 games, which might even give them the advantage.

The Following User Says Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
I'm really fascinated to see what has not been possible with the iphone till now!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LippiVan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
when in fact it's becoming an even bigger piece of joke than it already is.
?

They made iPhone OS better than it was before.

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
it's becoming an even bigger piece of joke than it already is.
It's not a joke. iPhoneOS is probably the biggest threat to openness in mobile devices out there, contained only by not being available on non-Apple devices.

Apple puts serious design work into the front end UI and back end APIs, as well as their toolkits for development. They should be paid serious attention as Apple does things right. They should be avoided, however, for how closed they are but you won't win users away until you can match (or beat) Apple at their game. It is possible, but just mocking it is essentially conceding defeat.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Singapore
By moving towards S60, something EVERYONE's been slamming down on these days?