Active Topics

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Im sick of threads been hijacked the moment someone mentions multitasking/new iphone and such.
If you want to winge and compare why iphones suck do it here and not on everyone elses threads.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
here's something for the haters to chew on:

Steve Jobs: If you see a stylus, it's the wrong product. If you see a stylus, they blew it. Similarly, in multitasking, if you see a task manager, they blew it. If a user has to use a task manager to manage it, they blew it. Users shouldn't have to think about that stuff.
Obviously taken out of context, after they talk about how their pseudo-multitask system automates a lot of stuffs to optimize things for (the limited resources of) a mobile device.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Yes I agree, the "pr1.2 screenshots" thread got hi-jacked. I couldn't even post about the topic because then i would be off topic. I don't care about apple and their brainwashed consumers, this is Mameo.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
For some odd reason I like how Steve is provocative. Actually i really like that kind of attitude.

But yeah they really really know how to do business with masses right now in smart phone category. Putting poor customer to walled garden and giving everything on plate is quite good way to make piles of money. Have to admit that there is huge amount of people who couldn't care less for freedom of choice when it comes to programs. Actually they are quite lost if you give them options and freedom to choose. They like to be told what to do and give their money happily away. Lovely

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
here's something for the haters to chew on:

Steve Jobs: If you see a stylus, it's the wrong product. If you see a stylus, they blew it...
Look what they have on apple.com
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/r...es/iphone.html
Clearly the wrong product - they blew it.

If you can see a stylus you can see the screen - coz my fat little fingers arn't in the way

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Look what they have on apple.com
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/r...es/iphone.html
Clearly the wrong product - they blew it.

If you can see a stylus you can see the screen - coz my fat little fingers arn't in the way
lol nice one. Well i did like Folders and the UI for it. Got me thinking, menu file is a simple xml on n900. It shouldnt be too hard to implement such a drag n drop folder UI.

create folder -> name it -> drag n drop UI (a window at the bottom where apps can be dragged to be added) -> done

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
@JonWW

Funny Bunny!! +1

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
"Using the Soft-Touch Stylus, you can type, tap, and scroll effortlessly without worrying about scratching the high-resolution display on iPhone or iPod touch"

LOLOLOLOL "High resolution"

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
scroll effortlessly without worrying about scratching the high-resolution display on iPhone or iPod touch
Even as an iphone aficionado this kills me.

i have an n900, i dont care.

and nor should anyone on this forum, if you dont like it then dont use it. i hate people that winge