Active Topics

Notices

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Hello,

For some reason when I output to a KML file I get wrong fixed longitude information. General pages show my location correctly and latitude and altitude information output correctly.

Using GPSJinni 0.6.20100209-3

Any ideas?

Last edited by gsever; 2010-04-12 at 05:13.

do not output
take screenshot

Originally Posted by N901 View Post
do not output
take screenshot
Probably you don't know what a KML file is.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Germany
There is a bug in GPSJinni regarding transformation of coordinates to unsigned long numbers (for platform independend storage).

I have this now locally fixed, so that the problems should not occure for newly created tracks.

However I'm now also a victim of the PR 1.2 "debacle" and have to fix some compile errors in libillumination first.

I hope to upload a new version to the autobuilder today in the evening (or possibly tommorow). This will be an upload to extras-devel.

It would be nice if someone could test this and if the bug is fixed I would upload it to testing.

I fear however that testing the application might be difficult because of above PR 1.2 issue.

Brrr PR 1.2 again I can't install packages build with the new firmware support.

Here is a simple idea for tests: Use -97.0 for longitude and see how it performs the conversation. Latitudes work correctly. It was just longitudes in my case.

The app manager informs about the new package. I would like to try If only I don't hit that PR1.2 dependency barrier. Is there any simple way to get around this issue?

There is a bug in GPSJinni regarding transformation of coordinates to unsigned long numbers (for platform independend storage).

I have this now locally fixed, so that the problems should not occure for newly created tracks.

However I'm now also a victim of the PR 1.2 "debacle" and have to fix some compile errors in libillumination first.

I hope to upload a new version to the autobuilder today in the evening (or possibly tommorow). This will be an upload to extras-devel.

It would be nice if someone could test this and if the bug is fixed I would upload it to testing.

I fear however that testing the application might be difficult because of above PR 1.2 issue.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
I'm getting another error trying to update to the latest version of GPSJinni. Application manager says "Unable to update GPSJinni. Some application packages are missing" (In details libhildon1 & libpixman) How do I update these? Thanks.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
I'm getting another error trying to update to the latest version of GPSJinni. Application manager says "Unable to update GPSJinni. Some application packages are missing" (In details libhildon1 & libpixman) How do I update these? Thanks.
This looks like the problem with the pending PR 1.2 release (new software build depends on PR 1.2, which is not yet released). Due to recent efforts to fix this without releasing PR 1.2 these dependencies should not be relaxed und you should try to update again, I was able to install the new version on my device without a problem.

Please give someone me a short notice that the bug is fixed (if it is ;-))?

Hey,

I updated GPSJinni again and now it works, doesn't complain about other packages. Glad to see that if fixed latitude writing annoyance.

Here are a few comments and thoughts
  • What is the highest precision that you could write to a file or read from the GPS receiver? (I see 47.9246 for example could this be improved like 47.9246XX ? ) Exported KML shows some funny locations --probably due to the positioning uncertainties ehh?
  • Could we set writing frequency interval to KML output? Say I want to my locations to be written or sampled only for 1/5/10 sec intervals.
  • Can you add time stamp to the space coordinates? Say at what time I was at 47.9246 longitude etc...
  • Creation of time-stamped logging file. Let say when I start recording I want the file automatically be appearing as YEARMONTHDAY_HHMMSS and save as KML in the same fashion.

OK, I admit I want a lot Consider them as feature requests? Do you have an issue tracker so that these will not be forgotten.

Other than that, thanks for making it available to us

Last edited by gsever; 2010-04-21 at 03:00.