Active Topics

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Swindon
I recently purchased a SCE7640 rechargeable powerpack so that when i am away from a socket i can charge up my phone for a while when it inevitably runs out of juice.

I found a nice deal (£26.99) and waited for it to arrive. I charged it up and then plugged in my n900 and nothing happened, it didnt look like it was charging and low and behold later in the evening the phone died with no battery.

I then plugged the philips into my Blackberry storm and it charged that OK, my friends Samsung mobile phone was charging OK too.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the N900 will not charge with this device but all the other things seem OK?

I have tried it with both the nokia usb cable a cheapo usb cable from eBay, same result with both.

TIA

C

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
N900 has a special charging cable. It's not normal micro USB. if it doesn't state on it that it's designed form the N900 it can't be used.
Try searching before posting and also it would be better to put a more accurate title, since I've thought that you were presenting a new phone or bt device.

this thread will give u the answer.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38230&page=10

i too had the same problem with a battery pack but i fixed by reading the thread above.
p.s.if yyoure soldering skills arent so good, u can do what i did, which was cut the cable in half and join the 2 data cables together. works like a charm.

The Following User Says Thank You to homerfan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Swindon
Originally Posted by emeni View Post
N900 has a special charging cable. It's not normal micro USB. if it doesn't state on it that it's designed form the N900 it can't be used.
Try searching before posting and also it would be better to put a more accurate title, since I've thought that you were presenting a new phone or bt device.
I know about the special charging cable and i've used the special Nokia charging cable with this device and it still didnt work. My cheapo ebay cable never said it was N900 specific and it also charges my phone and sends data down it.

And i did search before posting there was nothing to indicate that anyone else has tried that device and it will certainly be peculiar to that device as i saw comments from people who have been charging things with a solar charger.

A more accurate title! what can be more accurate than the model no of a device? do you want everything that the thread is about in the title with nothing in the actual content? It isnt my fault that you obviously got out of be the wrong side this morning. You ought to be thanking me that you now know Philips make a portable powerpack.

The Following User Says Thank You to mcderment For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Prague
You have to join data wires , as homerfan write.
I have Energizer XP 4000, and it works without problems. It's able to do two full charges.