Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
When we are listening to music on the media player through the loudspeaker, if a sms comes in between we only get a very faint sound notification. There is a very high chance you will miss it completely if you are not looking at the phone.

Ideally, the music should stop for a sec or so,the sms notification should play the default tone loud enough and then the music should resume..

I hope i am not the only one having this problem.

Edit: Raised a bug for it..pls vote

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9927

Last edited by aman18narang; 2010-06-15 at 07:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to aman18narang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Merseyside
I've just noticed this as well. I am sure it used to make the sms notification sound. Now it makes a tiny little beep, which you can notice if you have headphones in but not if its playing through the speakers.

I can confirm the problem

either we need to put this as a bug or put it as an idea in brainstorm. suggestions?

Can confirm aswell

Further Note:- While watching video (Can only confirm while using iplayer) iplayer mutes, it gives the sms notification sounds then it resumes audio from iplayer.

Last edited by james174; 2010-04-14 at 03:11. Reason: Extra Note to be added

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
I usually just hear a tiny beep. Kinda similar to that of receiving an incoming call during an existing call except softer.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
create a bug and link it here. I'll vote for it. (That just happened to me 1 minute ago)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

bug 9927 raised for this

pls vote here

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9927

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aman18narang For This Useful Post:
I was listening to music ages ago on the bus and I got an alert with the flashing led. I had the headset half on and there was a beep but I was sure that the sound came from the handset speaker and not through the headset - I remember thinking how odd that was - but unfortunately I cannot remember if it was a sms or new email alert. Anyway this was way back on the original firmware, I'm going to test this out later and vote on the bug if I can replicate it.

there is a beep, but a very low beep in the background like the one you get when u are on a call. this one is easily missed

what is required here is the normal full notification