Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
This is not a hate thread at all infact i love the n900 more than anything but lastnight was so depessing i was going to a concert bout 2hours drive away to see Akon Pitbull and others. And the F'ing maps on it is so rediculous i could even locate a simple destination. My N95 8gb was the best with maps but this N900 just made me want to cry. Anyway how long have we got to wait till we get decent Mapping?

Those sig maps dont support Australia i went to purchase it but my country is not listed.

Everyone knows N900 map sucks....they better come out with Ovi Map Nav 3.0 quick or else it's time to jump to iPHONE 4.0. iPHONE 4.0 will debut this summer!!!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
no idea mate. NZ have the same problem too.

sygic works fine
so why the need for ovi maps because of iphone 4? does iphone 4 have full turn by turn navigation for free?

Yes... agree, my N95 and the N96 both were perfect, and with N96 I even started buying the navigation licence and didn't need any TomToms to purchase in addition. N900 maps are a joke, indeed. To be honest I am still guessing why Nokia allowed N900 to be such a mess... I love the phone but there are too many problems, which take hours to sort out, plus the camera is also not so good (nothing to say about video calls...) and I am going to be stuck with this phone for two years as I am on a 24-months contract.... I am just keeping my fingers crossed that there will be some great soft update that will just make it perfect

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
This is not a hate thread at all infact i love the n900 more than anything but lastnight was so depessing i was going to a concert bout 2hours drive away to see Akon Pitbull and others. And the F'ing maps on it is so rediculous i could even locate a simple destination. My N95 8gb was the best with maps but this N900 just made me want to cry. Anyway how long have we got to wait till we get decent Mapping?

Those sig maps dont support Australia i went to purchase it but my country is not listed.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
never used any maps in any gps phone before....

please dont kill me....

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Protip: They do :P You'll just have to use a less than legal approach to getting them.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ ON,CANADA
hi im ciel
from canada i have nokia n900 version :3.2010.02-8.002
everything works fine... but the wifi and the bluetooth is not working when i search for my router my n900 says "no connection available... even the bluetooth
i tried x-terminal i key in 'help' its says :no bt adapter
can u help me pls i never tried flashing cause i just get this phone from my sister... i dont know anything about maemo os ...
thank you very much

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Protip: They do :P You'll just have to use a less than legal approach to getting them.
Interesting mmm

Hi! I was an n810 user and also an n95. My n95 was stolen and unfortunately the n900 is not available in Argentina by nokia or carrier(that with a contract would be cheaper). Because of this I had to buy the motorola milestone/droid and its great. I love it. But as also with maemo, the mapping and gps apps are a downside of the OS. I hope that developers realized that these both great OS's need a decent GPS navigation apps(among other requests)

for maemo is there any news about garmin or tom tom to port any app? thnx...

Tags
whiners unite