Notices

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Hello everyone, I decided to make a thread for this because a lot of other users are stuck in the same situation as me.

So basically, I purchased the Joikuspot premium for $10 when it first came out. I was having some performance issues with my N900 so I re-flashed, removing the Joikuspot with it. I asked around for the paid repo, added the catalog and the Joikuspot application doesn't come up in the Application Manager.

I tried actually accessing the repo URL through a web browser to see if I could actually just grab the .Deb file, but I get an error saying I don't have permission to access that server.

I've e-mailed them twice about 2 weeks ago and have gotten no response.

Thanks,

Josh

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
I've e-mailed them twice about 2 weeks ago and have gotten no response.
Mine stopped working last week and I needed help. I would recommend emailing them via support. For some reason they only respond at night (I'm West Coast) and at around 10 pm. Once they emailed me at 2 am in the morning and gave me a link to the binaries that last only 2 hrs.

I would recommend emailing them at night and multiple times. Usually their codes last 12 hours so you would have to download it in the morning.

At this point if Joikuspot doesn't improve their SW I'm might move to Mobile Hotspot once that has matured. One report says that CPU performance is reduced to about 1/3 or 1/2 of Joikuspot. All I know is I get 1.5 Mb/s download but when I tether via USB cable I get 4.5 Mb/s. It's not even close. Plus the software just stops working every 15 to 20 minutes or so I have to restart the software and the phone is pretty hot (which means there's no way I'd even try overclocking).

I hope they get their act together. Premium indeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to geohsia For This Useful Post:
im in the same boat as you josh, keep in touch if you end up gettin the file...... im not very satisfied with joikuspot right now, i loved it on my n95

Okay Guyz it seems we all having the same problem which started last week since the update...! we paid the money for it forgetting that we have great Comunuty over here that soon they will develop similar application soon which they successfully did with this "Mobile Hotspot" in Extra-Devel(the usual warning apply ;-) and i'm using it since 2 days and it's really Great and very smooth so far :-)

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by xavi6 View Post
Okay Guyz it seems we all having the same problem which started last week since the update...! we paid the money for it forgetting that we have great Comunuty over here that soon they will develop similar application soon which they successfully did with this "Mobile Hotspot" in Extra-Devel(the usual warning apply ;-) and i'm using it since 2 days and it's really Great and very smooth so far :-)
Yeah, I've played around with MobileHotspot. But the point is that we paid for the application and are getting no communication from Joiku to get it back.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Vantaa
I had the same problem with re-flashing and Joiku. I wrote to customer service and they told me that currently only way to get Joiku back in linux phone (N900) is emaliling Joiku to get downloading link that is valid for 12 hours. I got mine next day. I live in Finland and wrote to Joiku customer service in Finnish so communication and time zone was okay for me. I think 12 hours is too short if you are living something like 6-10 hours away from Finland time.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
I tried actually accessing the repo URL through a web browser to see if I could actually just grab the .Deb file, but I get an error saying I don't have permission to access that server.
Well, since you appear to know the repository's URL, I guess there's no harm in sharing this trick: append "Packages.gz" to the end of that URL.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Mine stopped working last week and I needed help. I would recommend emailing them via support. For some reason they only respond at night (I'm West Coast) and at around 10 pm. Once they emailed me at 2 am in the morning and gave me a link to the binaries that last only 2 hrs.
for some reason you could take your head away from your arse.....
(tip: GMT+2)

but yes, link working only 2hrs in internet age is insanity. 12 hours is minimum imo.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
They just force you to be a pirate if the company acts like that!!

harr harrr!

I ordered yesterday and the link for download glitched. Of course I hit the back arrow only to find session expired. Now I have several emails and no correspondence from them. You would think that with Mobile Hotspots breathing down their necks they would provide decent customer service.