Hi,

i've been using n900 for about two weeks by now. the brightness of the monitor starts to get brighter and then darker automatically and oftenly, which really annoys when im using n900.

anyone has any suggestion to make the brightness stays stably?

note* i already tried brightness app but it still does not work

thx

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
mine used to do that, then i realised i was leaving my finger over the sensor next to the front camera!!
I think it detects the amount of light in the room for the backlight on the keyboard...I'm not suggesting that you're as daft as me, but you may be ;-)

Last edited by Dancairo; 2010-04-21 at 17:41.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
the brightness app has a button to keep display on. that will work but the light sensor is in the top left when your holding it horizontal if you cover it up it will darken the screen.

I have the same problem, but it never came to my mind to write about it here.

But yes, confirmed, I have the same problem.

Did anyone file a bug?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
I've noticed it too, but I'm quite certain it's intended to be like that. I think brightness is simply adjusted according to a sensor on the front of the N900. This way brightness can be increased in light enviroments and decreased in dark ones.

Try playing with lighting conditions of your surroundings and notice how brightness is adapted.

erm.....YES

i think it's all about the lighting sensor, at the top left of the monitor

but there should b some way to turn this function off, doesn't it?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Wales, UK
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I think brightness is simply adjusted according to a sensor on the front of the N900. This way brightness can be increased in light enviroments and decreased in dark ones.
Interesting. Mine stays at the same brightness no matter what the environmental light levels are. Maybe there's a setting to switch it back on somewhere?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by allz View Post
erm.....YES

yup! light sensor! if there is enough light, the brightness will lessen, and vice versa,

also, if you checked the "Power Saving Mode" in settings > display, this happens about 5-10 secs before the backlight time ends. if you set your backlight time for 60 secs (1 min) after 51 secs, the brightess becomes low until it turns itself off

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by allz View Post
erm.....YES

Glad it!s not anything more serious...but i think you're right, maybe there should be...i just got used to holding it differently.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Its a nokia thing same thing was on my N95. couldnt turn it off there either.. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post: