Active Topics

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
At times, I want to be able to disable the touch inout from the screen so that touching the screen does nothing. Would like the lock slider switch to disable just the touch. (but not lock or turn off the screen)

eg. when I give it to my 3 year old kid to watch cartoon.

Is this possible?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
It can be done manually at least by doing "echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/omap2_mcspi.1/spi1.0/disable_ts".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
That'd be disabled with "echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/omap2_mcspi.1/spi1.0/disable_ts"?

First I thought this could be handled as a DCEW script, then I thought it a bit further.. After disabling the touch screen, DCEW wouldn't be much use

Would work great with keyboard-shortcuts, though.

edit: Matan has also released longpress which allows changing between general/silent or general/offline profile with long press of lock slider, I think this could easily be modified to enable/disable the touch screen.

Last edited by low life; 2010-04-22 at 08:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to low life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by low life View Post
That'd be disabled with "echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/omap2_mcspi.1/spi1.0/disable_ts"?
Naturally.

The easiest way to do this actually would be to install Matan's powerlock longpress and edit /usr/bin/lognpress.sh to echo to this file instead when holding down the lock slider. That said, you may have to be root to echo there.

I haven't tried powerlock. So that uses the slider lock next to the earphone socket?

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
@qwerty12 or add the command to the desktop script widget?

Although I guess you'd have to terminal to get it back working again as you wouldn't be able to touch the desktop!
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Well, activating via queen beecon widget or destop command widget is useless as that will mean I have to stop the video or navigation etc and go back to the desktop to activate it.

So the best way is to be able to activate/deactivate via a hardware button.

would it be acceptable to have touch screen enabled again when sliding keyboard out?

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
would it be acceptable to have touch screen enabled again when sliding keyboard out?
Yes. For unlocking, that would be good. Actually, probably better that way.