Posts: 304 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Hi!

I already sent a message before about E-Mail unexpectedly crashing. That doesn't happen anymore because Mail doesn't start anymore (the Contact applet still tells me that i have new e-mail, i just cannot read it anymore, nor delete my e-mail details).
Now i have the RSS Reader crashing randomly. While synchronizing, while reading messages, doesn't really matter. Randomly.

Any ideas? I start to become increasingly disappointed with the n800...

Ton.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Hi Ton,
I also had the "email not starting" issue, but it was after I miss used something. Unfortunately, I do not remember what it was (bad installation of additional software, bad parameters in my email account, failed import of GMail contact list). I know it is painfull, but I would suggest you to refresh the device to initial state.

The one time the email app didn't start for me it was resolved by rebooting.

Boy, this sounds like you've got a bad unit, mostly like something wrong with memory and when you need to access a particular portion of memory, then the unit crashes.

Originally Posted by rheve View Post
Hi Ton,
I also had the "email not starting" issue, but it was after I miss used something. Unfortunately, I do not remember what it was (bad installation of additional software, bad parameters in my email account, failed import of GMail contact list). I know it is painfull, but I would suggest you to refresh the device to initial state.
How would i go about making that happen? Is it just a matter of Restore original settings and/or Clear user data?

Ton.

Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
Boy, this sounds like you've got a bad unit, mostly like something wrong with memory and when you need to access a particular portion of memory, then the unit crashes.
I do have a 2Gb RS-MMC instead of the original 128Mb (?) one. Could that cause the problems?

Ton.

The Following User Says Thank You to Toontje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by Toontje View Post
How would i go about making that happen? Is it just a matter of Restore original settings and/or Clear user data?
Yep, that is what I did. And then you have to restore everything