Notices

which is better? mobilehotspot is free but there's a warning about custom kernel possible of messing up the device w/c scares me to install it or joiku w/c is a paid app...

well i have joikuspot and it has a bunch of errors and u get a slow speed of like 1-2mbps when u should probably have 5-7mbps and crashes after maybe 10 minutes

How do you get mobile hotspot

i'm using joikuspot and so far never had errors like what killerjay mentioned.. and satisfied with the software..

The Following User Says Thank You to gjoe For This Useful Post:
I have mobile hotspot:
It didn't "damage" my mobile and my mobile is going fine =)
BUT,the thing is that it just randomly fails and succeeds,I had no problem when it got activated though,however I just started it for 3 mins :P

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
I am going to have to agree with killerjay. I tried joiku for a few hours, nothing but errors. I was very unhappy with it and uninstalled it. Although I haven't tried the other so I can't comment on its performance.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ England and USA
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
which is better? mobilehotspot is free but there's a warning about custom kernel possible of messing up the device w/c scares me to install it or joiku w/c is a paid app...
I have Joiku and find it works 95% of the time. But that 5% failure means my family roll their eyes when I promise them an internet connection via my n900.

To be fair to Joiku the family views the N900 as a bit of a joke. I am considered the long suffering early adopter with my unreliable phone. My wife's Nexus One and daughter's Blackbury are viewed as the serious phones.

This reputation means that any interruption in service when using Joiku annoys the family instantly and they give up.

Would I buy Joiku again? Probably.

Would I recommend it to others? Not really.

Same answers I would give if you asked about the N900 itself.

Last edited by sgbirch; 2010-04-28 at 05:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to sgbirch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona
I never have problems with Joiku. I don't think that is a substitution of a real wifi router but, for an accasional use, it works fine.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Originally Posted by sgbirch View Post
I have Joiku and find it works 95% of the time. But that 5% failure means my family roll their eyes when I promise them an internet connection via my n900.

To be fair to Joiku the family views the N900 as a bit of a joke. I am considered the long suffering early adopter with my unreliable phone. My wife's Nexus One and daughter's Blackbury are viewed as the serious phones.

This reputation means that any interruption in service when using Joiku annoys the family instantly and they give up.

Would I buy Joiku again? Probably.

Would I recommend it to others? Not really.

Same answers I would give if you asked about the N900 itself.

Send your N900 to me then I would gladly reflash it and use it.

I have used both and honestly neither really impress me.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
I installed mobilehotspot and left it on at work only to get a work mate thank me for allowing his iphone to surf my net all day. I had wep password but this did not work as I tested it again with a few other wifi devices and they could always connect to net and surf. I do have a moded Kernel and unsure if this was the reason as I have not seen any reports of this affecting the app...anyhow I just removed it and will wait for another option. It worked well apart from the security feature.