Closed Thread
You're using a LEAKED RC, so if you're having problems then it's your own fault, and going by some of the posts ("its a rar file, what do i do?!?!one!!") some of you really shouldn't have attempted to use it.

Is it so difficult just to wait for the official release? PR 1.2 isn't going to magically improve your life, it's an update for a pocket computer that's already excellent, just wait.

Thanks

Last edited by chemist; 2010-05-02 at 15:27. Reason: needed it

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Hynkel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Hynkel
Are you out of your mind? We are not asking "why" or blaming anybody about leaked RC having some bugs. We are just using community knowledge to solve issues. People here are one community that has common interests and interacts so this knowledge is accumulated and organized so everybody can use it. If there were no testers how do you expect to push forward all these apps that make our device improve everyday?
You should think well and be ashamed of your post.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
your post changed my mind.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Hynkel View Post
...just **** off, and not fill this forum with "x, y and z isn't working anymore". You're using a LEAKED RC candidate, so if you're having problems then it's your own fault, and going by some of the posts ("its a rar file, what do i do?!?!one!!") some of you really shouldn't have attempted to use it.

Is it so difficult just to wait for the official release? PR 1.2 isn't going to magically improve your life, it's an update for a pocket computer that's already excellent, just wait.

Thanks
I think it is actually important that these issues are pointed out because if the firmware is in it's "testing" or beta stage then surely the reporting of bugs will help the release of the official firmware.

You wouldn't want the official firmware to be full of bugs when you eventually get it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to al678 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Asking for help shouldn't be a crime?

The Following User Says Thank You to rickysio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
If Nokia is monitoring this forums which i am sure they do. This type of threads could help them a lot. If this RC PR-1.2 got any small bug then it could be resolved before official release. I hope Nokia in future releases will use the community more thus this thread could learn them a bit how it should work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
IMO, we don't know WHAT is that firmware... Cluttering the forum with problem reports regarding an unofficial, unapproved, probably modified and untested firmware, is a waste of time and server space. IMO of course.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ leigh-on-sea, UK
Ridiculous thread. Thoughtless. Obviously doesn't understand the community structure.

The Following User Says Thank You to amebes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by al678 View Post
I think it is actually important that these issues are pointed out because if the firmware is in it's "testing" or beta stage then surely the reporting of bugs will help the release of the official firmware.

You wouldn't want the official firmware to be full of bugs when you eventually get it.
you're aware that the leaked rc is not the current rc, right? These issues perhaps being the reason it was not released 4 weeks ago when it was the current rc.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by al678 View Post

Not necessarily. Alot of people here are running unusuql configurations that may contaminate the bug report. For example, extras-devel software. Or python widgets not releasing memory.

Now if everyone were using vanilla installs only then the feedback would be helpful.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Closed Thread