Had my 900 about two months now and after weeks of consideration I finally sold it this weekend. I can only sum the device up with one word... disappointing. within weeks of release we heard of Meego and it seems conformed that there will be now firmware to upgrade Maemo5. The apps that were supposed to flood out have literally tricked through and are at best a mish mash of utterly pointless applications. I am so tired of hearing comments about how the N900 is not primarily a mobile phone. How many of these snooty and blinkered users can honestly say that they use a secondary phone to support their N900? Not many. Therefore the device is clearly a phone in it's primary form , albeit a well specified phone. For Nokia not have supported MMS is simply inexcusable... whether they believe that the market should be pushed toward email or not. My friends don't know about these issues and why should they? They continue to send me MMS without my even knowing it! I am sorry to say it but many of the comments on this forum smack of tunnel vision. The phone is a huge disappointment and regardless of the incredible specs and excellent build quality will soon be confined to the graveyard of mobile white elephants. Out of date. No upgardes. No apps. Not likely to be gpoing down the Nokia route again.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to spartan445 For This Useful Post:
U will be missed !

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
LoL.......

Why did you register just to announce this?

I don't get this attention seeking nonsense

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
partan445 is right. N900 not has future without Nokia. But Nokia don't like N900 owners.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gLobster For This Useful Post:
From a marketing standpoint, I find his points notable and even sympathize with a few of them.

Personally, I still love my N900 and use it currently as my primary device.

Yes, every ounce of market share will be missed. ALL of it! I don't like see anyone walk out the door. No matter what you think of them.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tournstone For This Useful Post:
It's not attention seeking. You are exactly the type i refer to as tunnel visioned. This is a forum is it not. I registered to express my disappointment. If your offended and and can't even see why i would register to express this then you really do need to get out more. Bye

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spartan445 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden/ Austria
Hi and bye!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to solidvox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by spartan445 View Post
Had my 900 about two months now and after weeks of consideration I finally sold it this weekend. I can only sum the device up with one word... disappointing. within weeks of release we heard of Meego and it seems conformed that there will be now firmware to upgrade Maemo5. The apps that were supposed to flood out have literally tricked through and are at best a mish mash of utterly pointless applications. I am so tired of hearing comments about how the N900 is not primarily a mobile phone. How many of these snooty and blinkered users can honestly say that they use a secondary phone to support their N900? Not many. Therefore the device is clearly a phone in it's primary form , albeit a well specified phone. For Nokia not have supported MMS is simply inexcusable... whether they believe that the market should be pushed toward email or not. My friends don't know about these issues and why should they? They continue to send me MMS without my even knowing it! I am sorry to say it but many of the comments on this forum smack of tunnel vision. The phone is a huge disappointment and regardless of the incredible specs and excellent build quality will soon be confined to the graveyard of mobile white elephants. Out of date. No upgardes. No apps. Not likely to be gpoing down the Nokia route again.
I miss your point - what do you want from Maemo community (if not attention)?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:

Tags
living dead, post bs here