Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
I have found similar threads discussing this but none quite as specifi to my problem. My app manager gives the notorious operation failed banner and hence nothing shows up in unisital, download, or update. Also all my catalogs have seemed to disappear and furthermore I can no longer receive or send text messages. The programs that I have installed that may have caused this are OpenJazz, Mypaint, and DStroy and I would like to unistall them but can't. I know I can do it from xterm just not sure what the command is. Any help will be much appreciated, and preferably one that doesnt call for flashing but I may do that as a last resort. Thank You

Update: I tried using apt-get remove DStroy and i received a Dpkg interrupted most run Dpkg config -"a , manually , somehting alogn those lines what does this mean?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Well, do it:
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
will configure all hanging packages to clean the apt-get mechanism and the application manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Well, do it:
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
will configure all hanging packages to clean the apt-get mechanism and the application manager.
Thank You, so i did this and received another error "unable to open/create status database lockfile: No space left on device. Ultimately I think it all comes down to my lack of rootfs space so is there a way to open up some without uninstalling apps through the app manager?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
dpkg -r tutorial-home-applet is all I can give you, it should give you 1.8MBs of root space, should be enough to make a lock file.
Stay out of -devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to zappa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
dpkg -r tutorial-home-applet is all I can give you, it should give you 1.8MBs of root space, should be enough to make a lock file.
Stay out of -devel.
Yeah after this experience don't worry I will I've been in -devel and -testing for the past few months and nothings ever happened but yeah I guess it was too good to be true and thanks I will try that.

do you know what cause it show operation failed on application manager ?

hei i also got the same problem!!!i am a doctor!but i like this mobile!so please help me out of this!is there any use of reflashing??if so please tell me!!thank you soo much!

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Colombo
I'm havin the same problem... pls help

I tried the command which I got as a system message.
Code:
dpkg --configure -a
and the result was This
Code:
dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege
what should I do..? I can't even access to my "Screenshot" folder
Code:
Unable to open non-local files
pls help :'(