Notices

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Please do not get mad at me when I ask this: What is the difference with this and using file manager to launch the app? I have been using file manager to launch Flash games since the N900 was released and have 253 Flash games on my microsd card.

What are the advantages launching from this app and file manager? I am hoping less overhead, perhaps? That alone would be good
I no particular order:
  • Less overhead
  • No intrusive elements (e.g. fullscreen button in corner)
  • No cursor mode switching needed
  • Verified list of working N900/N8*0 compatible content
  • Ability to run games that are not just a swf (think greasemonkey)
  • Force quality
  • Force fullscreen support
  • Proper portrait mode support
  • Choose between WebKit, MicroB and KMPlayer plugin interfaces
  • Easily browsable interface with instructions/caveats
  • Support potential third party flash content distribution through maemo.org infrastructure

Those are the ones just off the top of my head, but I'm sure others will come up with more

Last edited by attila77; 2010-05-10 at 13:13.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
just installed it. Dies when I try to run from launcher.
went to /opt to see if I could run it manually, but can not find the install.

where have you put it?

Unfortunately instant seg fault when I try run this. Pr 1.1 with the latest QT libs from the repos installed.

Should point out that this was with flashlauncher package. The experimental package appears to be incomplete so I figured I might as well give the other a shot.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2010-05-10 at 15:07.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Great application!

Must have game for every N900:
Code:
[jones]
name=Jones in the Fast Lane
image=http://u.lasoo.com.au/Content/Images/UserStories/1aa168f2-8cec-46bf-a93e-ad52ee745c4e_1013636204.jpg
description=The objective of the game is to attain as much money, happiness, status and education as necessary to win.
instructions=The player, represented by a coloured marble on the board, is free to move around, only limited by the time remaining per turn.
engine=1
swf=http://home.broadpark.no/~kboye/jones/preloader.swf
base=http://home.broadpark.no/~kboye/jones/jones.html
quality=low
fullscreen=1
portrait=0
size=1000

The Following User Says Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
Here's the deal: it seems there is no way I can force a proper 4.5 build on the autobuilder. To avoid this slight problem (and future breakage), we're going to have *two* packages, just like we do with Qt.

flashlauncher - this is the package that is linked to libqt4, i.e. the version of Qt in the SDK, This one will get to Extras eventually.

flashlauncher-experimental - the package linked to libqt4-maemo5/experimental, i.e. the version of Qt in extras-devel. This one will always remain in extras-devel.

Now, given the borkedness of PR1.2, as crazy as it sounds it's the experimental one that is the only installable for PR1.0/1.1 people. Long story short:

If you have an N800, N810, or a N900 PR1.2 RC, install flashlauncher

If you have a N900 with PR1.0 or PR1.1 firmware, install flashlauncher-experimental

I did not have time to revamp the UI controls for Qt4.6 so it's a bit iffy (f.e. does not finger scroll correctly), I'll post a version with correct Hildon stuff tonight.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Thanks attila, can't wait to use this nice app.

What do you mean by bleeding edge unstable version of Qt? I'm better off waiting for version with correct Hildon stuff?

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
My Flaemo project already said bye bye to maemo.org, not me but just project , However your project bring back a little hope.

Do you think will be possible to include Flaemo to the list? For now whole solution is communicate with database and can't work out of the box.

The whole platform will bring much more to the application itself and speed up a lot of things if don't need to be wrapped into the browser. I will need rewrite some code for that but hmm, at least you can be sure, I am the author of this content using open source tools and working for N900 whatever I can do will be free for everyone here. As well as whatever I am doing for N900 is about K.I.S.S me D.R.Y

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
What do you mean by bleeding edge unstable version of Qt? I'm better off waiting for version with correct Hildon stuff?
It's a bit misleading, as currently the dubbed as bleeding-edge (libqt4-maemo5 packages) are *at the moment* actually older than the stable ones in PR1.2 (yes, total brain damage). As for Hildon stuff, it's just a question of usability, it lacks proper finger scrolling, stacked windows, etc, but has no 'functional' or system instabilities.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Tested the pr 1.1 version. Seems to have great potential.

Tested the stock games. flying penguin kept freezing for several seconds, up to 10sec. at a time, with cpu at 100% load.

Other games worked well, Mad Virus is a great and fun little game !

BTW i'm on OC'ed kernel (805Mhrz)

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
attila77 You are officially my maemo.org guru
I am on the rush to rewrite the beta version to check the performance as soon as will be visible. Thanks a lot man!

Tags
flash, games, launcher, webkit