Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
when i connect them i get the handsfree icon in status bar and the speakers are mute.... but no sound tough headphones...

same thig is with TV out... i get the picture.... but not sound... (altough picture is kinda dark =/ )

tried different types of headphones (some nokia some other proffesional sets) and its all the same...

its hardware problem =/ when i plug in the headphones and move connector a bit it gives me some sound.. only on left side... its the same with every other headphone or with the tv out...

damn it! and its brand new device...

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Thats sucks! Exchange it for another dude. I am pretty sure that isn't a common issue on the N900

problem is that phone was bought in another country. I asked dealer here and they said that warranty doesnt work that i should take it where i bought it. I fail to understand that, cuz it was also nokias official dealer. I have 24 monts warranty papers and everything...

so this gives me next idea...

I have found n900 service manual and i can clearly see there that AV connector is just a small piece that its easy to replace... Any idea where could i buy only that piece? maybe its the same as on n95, n97 XD

I know its a longshoot... but gotta ask...

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
jes go to your shop where you bought it i dont know how old it is but you got 14 days where you can change the phone or get your money back.when i was you i would be very pissed on

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
jes go to your shop where you bought it i dont know how old it is but you got 14 days where you can change the phone or get your money back.when i was you i would be very pissed on
well.. its another country.. not really along the way =P

Originally Posted by Waynder View Post
well.. its another country.. not really along the way =P
thats a disaster

i really dont know what to do but i had the same prob with my crapy n97(1 of 10000) i reflash the firmware with nsu and then it works.i would try this first.(why anyone at this forum bought his n900 in a other country????)

Try cleaning the port with a pipe cleaner with a light covering of WD40, no need to replace the whole device. I had a similar problem with my Treo 650 and the port just needed cleaning.

i was there and it was hellava cheaper than in my country... also tought ///sill me XD/// that warranty will be ok in my country as long as i bought it at official nokia dealer...

well the rule goes for my cars nad bikes... guess it doesnt apply to nokia...

good thing is that i havw few n95 that are broken XD so will check if the AV connector fits... did a bit googleing... and on pictures they look indentical...