Active Topics

Notices

There is so much hope on the PR1.2 update and so much excitement about it., there will be few improvements to the device etc. But what after this??

Will the develpment community start making application at the faster pace, will third party company like bloomberg, editable version of the Doc to go etc start working on their apps etc.

OR

Everyone is actually waiting for MEEGO!!!!????

What is everyones speculation, users as well as the developers, please comment

Thanks

Last edited by anismistry; 2010-05-17 at 02:44.

if it works for meego, it should work for us. i think

I predict a 5000-post thread with numerous name-changes discussing PR1.3. Except this time will be more about Ninjas vs. Pirates instead of Chuck Norris.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
after pr1.2... we will spec about pr1.3, nothing more
that's the reason why we bought n900, only to spec about next updates

Last edited by CepiPerez; 2010-05-17 at 02:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
do you guys think there will be any better support from third party companies for apps and other technologies to be incuded in the N900 like flash 10.1, and earlier mentioned apps from community and companies like bloomberg, gaming companies, doc to go etc

Originally Posted by anismistry View Post
There is so much hope on the PR1.2 update and so much excitement about it., there will be few improvements to the device etc. But what after this??

Will the develpment community start making application at the faster pace, will third party company like bloomberg, editable version of the Doc to go etc start working on their apps etc.
There may be a short burst of apps coming out that were waiting for Qt 4.6. After that, who knows?

Based on my experience with the N810 and following MeeGo discussions, I would say this. At some point unknown, Nokia will stop giving official updates to Fremantle so that it can focus on Harmattan and presumably other MeeGo projects. However, you should still see Qt 4.6 apps developed for MeeGo trickling down to your N900. There will likely be at least an unofficial version of MeeGo you can install. The community might take over some support of Fremantle if it seems worth people's time.

If I were you, that wouldn't sound too bad to me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
I am atleast hoping this much.

I am waiting for atleast Nokia putting potrait mode thru out the UI and a virtual keyboard where ever text is to be entered. After that i dont need an updates from nokia atleast. But the apps are always welcome

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I predict a short period of peace will be reached in the forum before people will start to find new things to complain about. There'll be a burst of apps released (those dependent on QT4.6), but not enough to change the landscape of 3rd party apps available to maemo5. Afterward, the MeeGo previews/betas will capture the test pilot's attention... they will come with enough controversies to start major debates again. Can't wait.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Ok so another question , what will happen to Maemo repos after PR 1.2 will it be available or they will transfer most apps to Ovi store?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I hope that we finally get a good OVI store with the 1000's of app's that other Nokia's have!
PR 1.3 and then hopefully a fully working MeeGo to play with!
We should have access to virtually all MeeGo apps via the meego repo anyway. We should be fine for a few years to come.

Tags
pointless, thread