Poll: What keyboard are we using?
Poll Options
What keyboard are we using?

hi all!

I want to buy a good bluetooth keyboard to pair it with my n900, and also i want to make a pool of anything

so here we are: What wireless keyboards are we using right now?

all maemo devices comes in: n900, n8x0, n700 heroes, all are welcome

all bt keyboards are welcome. i just dont know where goes the msi bt100, because seems to be a rebranded china keyboard. a simple google search gives me several brands and the same keyboard.

please take your time and post your experiences with the keyboard, not all are the same, the obvious for someone may be helpful for others

if i miss something here, please tell me.

so... here we go

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
I'm using a Palm 3245WW. Despite the Palm branding it's a standard bluetooth HID device. It pairs and works with my PC and N810 just fine.

Not sure if you already know this, but for it to work with the N900 you'll have to mess with some bluetooth config files, and even then the keyboard layout isn't right.

The Following User Says Thank You to FreeThinker For This Useful Post:
yes, i was aware of that. Its explained in the Bluetooth HID article in the wiki, but its not specific about the steps from start to end. but im sure that its explained all over the forum.

ill search a bit about that palm keyboard, after all its an option.

thanks for sharing

Last edited by clasificado; 2010-05-17 at 06:49.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I used the stowaway foldable bt keyboard with n800. I never tried it with my n900, but the thing works right out of the box too with my iPad.

Edit: just saw the poll. Dinovo mini is useless!
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2010-05-17 at 07:17.

damn! i hate spelling errors in titles

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Europe
i am using the apple wireless keyboard. bought it 50 minutes ago.
in my first tests it worked like a charm. just edited my bluetooth/main.conf and deleted keyboard/input from disabled devices

but i had strange error while typing this text: the keyboard kept repeating the last typed char after a while. this only happened in the browser so far. if this happens only in the browser, i can well live with it.

fn-key for special chars and numbers is right cmd and alt-key together with the character key analogous to the n900 keyboard-layout.

some f-keys work for volume-control and menu-button

I have a Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.
I tried so hard to connect it to my N900 back in november, but no luck.

I will try again, if tattergreis did it, why can't I? Maybe the firmware updates fixed that from november til now.

Anyway, if you OP can, try the apple keyboard, is a joy to use, and I have it as my main keyboard at home, using it for programming and writing etc, so it is in heavy use all day long, and I find it to be a very good keyboard.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Europe
i think firmware-updates did the work. i was prepared for the worst after reading the forums, ready to compile my kernel-modules.

but nothing was necessary. just the pairing was quite confusing. i used "1111" as a code and don't know anymore if i had to press 4 times "q" or cmd+alt+"q" on the apple-keyboard.

good luck g_gus!

The Following User Says Thank You to tattergreis For This Useful Post:
I have an apple wireless keyboard and it doesnt work out-of-the-box

i think that the keyboard hardware revision has something to do, as i read that the first (4 batteries) version does not comply with the HID standard.

I have the 3 batteries version, and pairs but does not register in "hildon-im-xkbtools --list"

Here in Talk, someone said that we need to update the kernel module for apple keyboard.

ill talk to titan, because im using kernel-power, so ill need my module compiled against that source

Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
I have an apple wireless keyboard and it doesnt work out-of-the-box

i think that the keyboard hardware revision has something to do, as i read that the first (4 batteries) version does not comply with the HID standard.

I have the 3 batteries version, and pairs but does not register in "hildon-im-xkbtools --list"

Here in Talk, someone said that we need to update the kernel module for apple keyboard.

ill talk to titan, because im using kernel-power, so ill need my module compiled against that source
Same here with apple wireless keyboard (3 battery version) and titans kernel..... keep us updated on progress please.