Active Topics

i have personally completely given up caring if this piece of sh*t update ever arrives or not. i'm now just waiting to see what/if meego brings to my n900.

i've resigned my self to the fact that it is what it is. just wish id known how bad the lack of support was going to be before i bought it.....

Why you have to wait everything? enjoy what you have NOW.
Updates come when ever they are ready.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sha Tin, Hong Kong
short answer: no.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Again? PLease...

Nah, I don't care - never did really. The basis for my not caring is...it is going to make the battery double in size ;o)

Have still got 2x 5800's so might eBay the N900 and use one of those for a bit again. At least I'll have a decent Twitter client again (Gravity)

Based on the leaked firmware, there are many bug fixes coming which makes the device all the more fun to use. Seems more stable with a slight battery improvement.

Don't give up too soon.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Never cared, then on a beautiful day in early May I woke up reading a new firmware was available that was more or less it.
It simply works.
Hardly could believe they had the balls to make Skype Video work or at least show intention to do so.
Still happy with the firmware 1.2 RC, too bad for those who want everything "official"

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by b15cu1t View Post
i have personally completely given up caring if this piece of sh*t update ever arrives or not. i'm now just waiting to see what/if meego brings to my n900.

i've resigned my self to the fact that it is what it is. just wish id known how bad the lack of support was going to be before i bought it.....
I don't get it. Why are people such as yourself so stuck up on PR1.2?! Saying that "i'm now just waiting to see what/if meego brings to my n900" just pushes my buttons - it's like having a girlfriend for a few years while waiting for your "princess" to step into your life. Believe me, this relationship must really suck. Same for your n900. Enjoy it while you have it. For me, it does everything I want it to mostly impeccably well, and I take it for what it is AT THE MOMENT!

The update will come at some point, but who knows, it might be late summer, and for people who have purchased their phone in Nov/Dec/Jan 2009/2010 it might be time to buy a new one. If they would all think like you, noone would have been able to enjoy their n900 because they chose to let some downsides ruin their whole phone-experience as well as their life (@ the angry ppl in the PR1.2 Spam Fest Thread).

...and No, I do no care anymore for PR1.2. If it comes, fine. But for the moment I'm really enjoying my n900. Not overclocked, not "pimped". Just as it is, with a few extra gadgets. I suggest you adapt the same strategy, it'll make your life happier.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
I don't really care (and never cared), since I'm happy with the current version. Whenever it will be released I will probably enjoy upgrading (there are a few interesting features that I would like to have), but I'm certainly not obsessing over it...life is way too short to worry about such things

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
I have been using the leaked firmware since the day one. Changes are actually quite small compared to the hype bubble that has been growing for months now. Overclocking (running 1.1GHz) has improved the overal usability more than the unofficial 1.1.2. I'm happy with this RC cause it seems to be quite stable with my usage.

Could Nokia have released this RC at extras-devel repo for those who are eager to test?

Tags
worstthreadever