i'm on google maps, looking at a top down of a london street. i cannot drag/drop the little orange man onto the map in either microb mouse pointer mode. how else can streetview be activated?

ta

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
With the unoptimised version of Flash on the n900, streetview is unusable without it.

Last edited by johnel; 2010-05-21 at 09:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
If you disable the cursor by swiping it from the left then taping on the cursor symbol you get some control over streetview

AFAIK I have the stock browser/flash (with flashblock). Streetmaps works fine for me as per attached, showing correct mouse pointer mode. I did notice though that if microb is running full screen, street view goes int a cycle of repeated refresh without any user input (don't recall that happening before?).

if you still can't drag the wee orange guy, do a text search on the map, and choose one of the selected results. that puts a bubble/balloon on the map with info, and there is a "more" drop dow in the bubble - one option in the list is streetview ( you still need the mouse in correct mode to select this, obviously).

final note - selecting & dragging the ginger guy is very laggy, you need to be patient.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Streetview doesn't work any more on my microb browser. Asks for Flash 10.
@Pigro, can you try if yours do work?

no. streetview is no longer available on n900 (as expected, it needs Flash 10). The bad news is that this is not specific to google maps, there are many flash sites that are currently going the same way. The good news is that we'll soon have lovely black £500 paperweights - unless Nokia/Adobe take pity on us poor, naive folks. Imagine thinking that the "full web" browsing experience I paid for in Dec 2009 should remain available on my device for over 6 months!

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2010-06-23 at 08:14. Reason: can't believe @ss is a considered a swearie word on the interwebs!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
What disturbes me is that Streetview seems to be available on the Ipad (which has no Flash). I experimented in Microb with the Ipad user agent but so far no streetview for me

EDIT: I've read that streetview works on the Ipad in its own Maps application, not in the browser. So we need such an app on our device, I guess. Not that I find it likely.

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-06-23 at 11:37.

Sorry for the bumping. If you're interested like me in having streetview on your N900, please go ask to Google to leave a Flash 9 version online for our device.
Here: http://www.google.com/support/forum/...c639894a&hl=en
or if you know another place to ask for it, please post here.

I have been searching for workarounds on the 'net.
Here's the first I found:
http://mapperz.googlepages.com/GMAP_Streetview.html
Go get this file, save it on your storage and open it in microb.
Lacks place search but I bet it can be added.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
I have been fiddling with Google sample code and I've put together this. Feel free to improve it.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip strade3-3.zip (1.0 KB, 491 views)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post: