Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ,, Earth !
Yep , that's how it is , we all defend our girlfriends , had a number of fights and fist-fights because of defending my girlfriend myself , but ! look at iPhone Users , they are PROs !

QUOTE :

1. The first iPhone was not a 3G phone: What do you need 3G for? You can easily use the iPhone without using a 3G network and anyway, 3G is not particularly widespread, so this is not a problem.

2. The phone cannot send MMS: There is no need to send MMSs, hardly anybody sends MMSs.

3. You cannot forward a SMS: This is a function that hardly anybody uses and was therefore not included in the first iPhones.

4. The phone has a poor camera: The built-in camera is perfectly adequate and the iPhone takes fantastic photos with its camera.

5. It is not a real Smartphone, it cannot multitask: The phone has all the necessary functions and the OS is technically superior compared to other Smartphone OSs currently on the mobile market.

6. The iPhone cannot multitask, resulting in a great number of applications being unusable: The absence of multitasking is a deliberate design decision resulting in a faster UI.

7. You can not change battery on the iPhone: How many customers run around with spare batteries? None or very few.

8. Apple decides which applications you can install on the phone: This is good, because Apple thereby ensures that you do not get inferior programs on your phone.

9. The app store is a closed universe: Apple knows what is best for end users, which is good for the many iPhone users.

10. The phone does not support Java, so games need to be developed especially for the iPhone: Java is slow and not properly integrated with mobile phones, games for the iPhone are much better because they are directly developed for the iPhone.

11. The app store contains numerous small trivial commercial programs: The app store’s large selection gives users the freedom of choice and the many small programs help make the end users daily lives more fun.

12. It is difficult to use the touchscreen for fast SMS messaging: The touchscreen makes the phone easier to use and you quickly get used to it.

13. The iPhone is a low technology phone packaged in a sleek design: Apple has taken the combination of the design and UI to the next level, therefore the technological specifications don't really matter.

14. The quality of the phone is poor, calls are often interrupted and network coverage is poor: It is a good phone, these problems are due to the operators’ networks and not the phone.

15. You can only purchase the iPhone from operators chosen by Apple: Apple has spent a great deal of time and energy selecting the best operators for customers.

16. The iPhone is targeted at a niche segment and will not be able to develop further: Apple has succeeded in designing a phone for people that appreciate design and user friendliness.

17. The iPhone does not support memory cards: Iphones already offer the necessary memory people require and end users can choose between two models, one with a little memory and one with a great deal of memory.

18. You can not install your own browser: The browser Apple has designed is so superior that you do not need any other browser on your phone.

19. You cannot use the iPhone as a modem for your portable PC: People that have an iPhone do not need their portable when on the move.

20. There is no radio in the phone: You do not need a radio in your iPhone because the iPhone supports iTunes that offers almost unlimited music.

your opinions ?

Last edited by U.ser; 2010-05-25 at 12:14.

You are absolutely right.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Any fanboys suffer logic deficiency syndrome. I've seen that from all types of fanboys... I think you may have have symptoms of fanboyism yourself..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by U.ser View Post

2. The phone cannot send MMS: There is no need to send MMSs, hardly anybody sends MMSs.

3. You cannot forward a SMS: This is a function that hardly anybody uses and was therefore not included in the first iPhones.

5. It is not a real Smartphone, it cannot multitask: The phone has all the necessary functions and the OS is technically superior compared to other Smartphone OSs currently on the mobile market.

6. The iPhone cannot multitask, resulting in a great number of applications being unusable: The absence of multitasking is a deliberate design decision resulting in a faster UI.

7. You can not change battery on the iPhone: How many customers run around with spare batteries? None or very few.

13. The iPhone is a low technology phone packaged in a sleek design: Apple has taken the combination of the design and UI to the next level, therefore the technological specifications don't really matter.

16. The iPhone is targeted at a niche segment and will not be able to develop further: Apple has succeeded in designing a phone for people that appreciate design and user friendliness.

17. The iPhone does not support memory cards: Iphones already offer the necessary memory people require and end users can choose between two models, one with a little memory and one with a great deal of memory.

I think the explanations for points I quoted above are quite valid. I'd actually say that accusations of points 5, 13 and 16 are invalid.

I don't consider myself as Apple fan, nor a hater. I have not owned an iPhone, but have sometimes considered getting one. However, I'm starting to get bored of all these iPhone threads in a Maemo forum. If I want to read about iPhone, I'll go read an iPhone forum.

Last edited by juise-; 2010-05-25 at 14:41. Reason: Removed #20. It was actually a bad excuse.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
As opposed to the full-on manlove of the N900 or other Nokia products?

Seriously. If Nokia wanted to really make bank, they'd purchase the fleshlight and put a Nokia logo on it. Viola!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
*sigh*

Why o why do you thread starters put moderators in this position...

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2010 @ United Kingdom
Every device has their share of jock riders, just look at our own N900 whores, salivating at the prospect of another arse-rimming courtesy of the big N.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ,, Earth !
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Any fanboys suffer logic deficiency syndrome. I've seen that from all types of fanboys... I think you may have have symptoms of fanboyism yourself..
believe me , i am not a fan boy of anything , i buy whatever that suits me , and i just hate iphone fanboys , it's that simple

Agreed,

I mean we gota take our battery out of our phone just once in our life...right?

Without multitasking it just fails haha.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The phone cannot send MMS: There is no need to send MMSs, hardly anybody sends MMSs.
do you want me to post the search results for this in tmo??
________
JOYce

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:36.

Tags
bourdain rims, his mommy