Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
For a person like me who has no experience of QT. Please explain why I get missing dependencies for qt4 while installing apps (eg libqt4-xml, libqt4-core, libqt4-dbus...)? Apps like 3D-earth and Flash-launcher donīt work.

Is it because the new firmware has a QT version 4.6? Are the older builds incompatible with the new version of cute? Is my image faulty in some way?

All the apps worked fine with the leaked OS. What do I do?

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Italy
This 3d is useless

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
If the older packages have badly written dependencies, they might very well complain. Or it might actually be the case that they depend so heavily on a specific version of Qt that it's not going to work anyways using Qt4.6.

What you should do is investigate which Qt packages you actually have installed. If the new ones replaced the old ones, you either wait for updated packages that depends on the new packages or figure out how to install the old ones alongside the new ones.

It's misleading to blame the new PR since dependencies are written by the individual application developers. However, if anyone from Nokia has promised that older Qt applications should work, you have reason to blame the PR.

it can't be worst) ...who came up with this idea?)..funny

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
What is the title of this thread!!??? This has nothing to do with the update.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Most likely the package you are trying to install has dependencies defined explicitly to the previous version of Qt. Just search the package from maemo.org/packages and see what it depends on. if it has something like libqt-whatever (=4.5something) then the developer needs to update the package.

Btw, you could have picked a more descriptive title for the topic.

Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Most likely the package you are trying to install has dependencies defined explicitly to the previous version of Qt. Just search the package from maemo.org/packages and see what it depends on. if it has something like libqt-whatever (=4.5something) then the developer needs to update the package.

Btw, you could have picked a more descriptive title for the topic.
plzzz can one post the screen shots for pr1.2 release,,tks

Stupid thread, soo sick of all the haters on here

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Geekworld View Post
plzzz can one post the screen shots for pr1.2 release,,tks
please stop spamming. I'm sure someone will provide the screenshot at some point.

Originally Posted by Endri View Post
This 3d is useless
Plako ti vetem qahesh. Just drop your N900 if you dont like it.