Notices

Poll: Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)
Poll Options
Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)

Hi all,

Please don't scream 'read all the other bug posts', as they aren't exactly indexed!

Can anyone else confirm that prior to yesterday's upgrade flash content in webpages played ok, and now performance seems to be impaired, or am I just unlucky?

I've noticed that percentage loaders stick at 1 percent on some videos and freeze.

Anyone else?

I don't want to bias your obesrvations, so I won't trouble you with the specific sites, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to oweng For This Useful Post:
It was one of the first thing I checked on youtube- worked flawlessly for me. No lag or anything.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
I noticed that too! Not all sites work as smoothly as they used to on 1.1.1 and often stick at 1 percent. I thought it was because of newer flash that maemo does not support, but it is an aweful coinsidence (do you spell it this way?) if all these sites update on the same day 1.2 comes out. This is not just you!

this has been happening over the last week or so. it is because a lot of places are switching their web content over to work with flash 10.1 now, and n900 is still running flash 9.4. first i noticed was a few days ago when trying to use the bbc iplayer website. the videos wont play anymore just the sound plays.

the bbc live beta websites still work. if anything they seem slightly better.

so it's not a pr1.2 problem, its flash

I'm pretty certain it's pr 1.2 as 12 hours earlier the same sites played fine. I work in video and can almost guarantee that these flash files will not have been re-encoded just for a flash player upgrade. They don't need to be, plus all the player skins look identical, as in no changes....

any more ideas?

Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
I noticed that too! Not all sites work as smoothly as they used to on 1.1.1 and often stick at 1 percent. I thought it was because of newer flash that maemo does not support, but it is an aweful coinsidence (do you spell it this way?) if all these sites update on the same day 1.2 comes out. This is not just you!

cough, not sure the sites I've been looking at will get a flash player upgrade anytime soon...

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
this has been happening over the last week or so. it is because a lot of places are switching their web content over to work with flash 10.1 now, and n900 is still running flash 9.4. first i noticed was a few days ago when trying to use the bbc iplayer website. the videos wont play anymore just the sound plays.

I can confirm that now Iplayer only plays sounds no video...

Can anyone use iplayer pre pr1.2 and / or after?

BTW tried low res version too, same result...

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post

Will flashing emmc make any difference as people suggest? Although they can't explain why....

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
Hi, just to add to the mix & not provide any solution!

I can confirm before the PR1.2 update I spent the weekend happily and smoothly playing youtube and iPlayer. After the upgrade I get the same, sound only on iPlayer. Youtube appears similar to before. some glitches, but that may be signal based instead.

I really hope we can get iPlayer back. I loved using it on this device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ads For This Useful Post:
So not just me then...

Anyone else have any ideas?

Originally Posted by Ads View Post
Hi, just to add to the mix & not provide any solution!

I can confirm before the PR1.2 update I spent the weekend happily and smoothly playing youtube and iPlayer. After the upgrade I get the same, sound only on iPlayer. Youtube appears similar to before. some glitches, but that may be signal based instead.

I really hope we can get iPlayer back. I loved using it on this device.