I try everything possible....open up wirewall....reinstall through VISTA pack2 compatibility...nothing seem to work. This bullshyt is getting really annoying. Nokia...you suck!! I don't want to flash because i heard there is a problem with flashing using Wins 7 64bit and i don't want to screw up my device. Plus there is no reason to flash....

I just don't understand why this goddam Nokia Software Updater won't load up for me after i install it...it just keep saying "Starting application..." and just hang there.

Did you install the latest nokia updater software update? Theres a new one to better support win 7, It did on mine and I connected my n900 it it said theres a update the new pr 1.2 and it started to download but the size of the file was 187mb comapred to 113 or 103 forgot doing the over the air within the n900, so right now its downlaoding it from the n900 phone, it was downlaoding slow seems like through nokia softwre updater.

Dont try to flash with 64bit windows, it once bricked mine. get a ubuntu live cd or find another PC with 32 bit windows !

Originally Posted by pctek View Post
Did you install the latest nokia updater software update? Theres a new one to better support win 7, It did on mine and I connected my n900 it it said theres a update the new pr 1.2 and it started to download but the size of the file was 187mb comapred to 113 or 103 forgot doing the over the air within the n900, so right now its downlaoding it from the n900 phone, it was downlaoding slow seems like through nokia softwre updater.
v1.7.3en right?? Yea that's the latest. It keeps hanging on me...won't open. I don't know if it's firewall or what...i did open up the firewall.

Mine says 2.5.2

Mine says 2.5.2
Actually i started out with 2.5.2 and it didn't work and i went back to previous version. Now going back to 2.5.2 and still hanging. Are you using Wins 7 64-bit?

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Actually i started out with 2.5.2 and it didn't work and i went back to previous version. Now going back to 2.5.2 and still hanging. Are you using Wins 7 64-bit?
yea using windows 7 64bit home premium. I just started up a new thread for questions before I do it the manual way by flashing it read there to do what i do.

yea using windows 7 64bit home premium. I just started up a new thread for questions before I do it the manual way by flashing it read there to do what i do.
I thought it work for you...why you have to flash it?

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I thought it work for you...why you have to flash it?
No the nokia software loked like it was going to work maybe because it actaully started to downlaod the new pr 1.2 but it was taking for ever slow downlaod so Im going to install it manually by following the guide link in the thread i sarted right now. Im doing it with windows xp mode.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
go to "services" and STOP "Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)"..... that did a job for me