Active Topics

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...that-mean.html

Another interesting post from Tomi Ahonen, give it a read.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
First, it makes me wonder where the hell all these things go.

If what he says about Samsung is true, I can see them ending up isolated in the market. They don't have nearly the ecosystem that Apple has nor the brand recognition that Apple and Google have. Forcing developers to adopt yet another -new- API on a -new- OS will serve to drive people away, especially if they can hit huge swaths of the market by continuing to target Android and the iPhone.

You could say the same thing about Nokia, but if Nokia leverages the Linux/Qt stack then they resolve the "new API" and "new OS" questions and allow a Qt targeted app cover 100% of Nokia devices.

It'll be interesting to see where things go, but I think that Samsung, LG, and Motorola all wanting to have their own proprietary walled-gardens is just Apple envy and will only hurt them in the long run.

I think Nokia could be on something big if they could manage to make Qt work with Android. I am guessing the easy part would be to make Qt generate Dalvik-compatible code; the hard would be the reverse.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
thanks for sharing. interesting article.

it probably has been said before on this forum but webOS should work with QT apps in future: http://www.precentral.net/qt-apps-preware-more-way

nokia is very slow but the qt strategie might work in the long run - also the navteq and the focus on map based apps. The good news for the consumers with all this competition is that innovation will go up and prices down
recent phone / tablett history SE W900, Nokia E65, Nokia N95-8GB / N900