How is it possible to detect which installed applications still depend on the (now) deprecated libqt4-maemo5* packages?
I think there is a dpkg command or something similar for this, isn't it?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
run as a root user
apt-get autoremove

it will remove all the unused libs

I know that but I want to know which applications still have the old dependencies with libqt4-maemo5* packages instead of just libqt4.

Nobody knows that?

When you force the removal of libqt4-maemo5* packages, the apt-get will also remove all packages that depends on it. You will get prompted if these application exist and you can confirm or cancel the operation. At least that's how I use to find out if there are still applications that depends on the libraries I'm trying to remove. After that just do an apt-get remove to remove any obsolete packages pulled by those applications that you removed.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I think it depends what apps do you have. If you installed from extras devel then you might have something but with PR 1.2 maemo.org and other repos were updated so there is no need for them

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

I just would like to know a command how to detect which application has installed a specific dependency (in this case libqt4-maemo5* packages) and I know only the other way around (which dependency has package x).

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Nobody knows that?
apt-get remove libqt4-maemo5-gui

(for example)

will prompt you to uninstall packages that use it. Answer no, and you'll have your list without harming anything.

Now I have found that command:

"apt-cache rdepends x --installed" where "x" is the package name (like libqt4-maemo5-core for example).
Now you can detect which applications have still old dependencies and should be updated by the developer with:

"apt-cache rdepends libqt4-maemo5-core --installed"

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post: