How do I clear the copy/paste section on virtual keyboard?

Where is escape button or button that takes back to previoussection of conversation. It used to have a down arrow key on the old virtual KB. I tried using the return key to return to go to the conversation list but it only works if I'm typing on the "To" box and doesn't work on the message body. i only return to Conversion list if slide open the physical KB. is this a bug?

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
My KB has an invisible space bar, caps lock, and an invisible backspace, they are there but I have to search in the empty areas for them.

Sounds more like you have a full KB but they removed ESC. Not to osure as mine may well be hidden as above, but in the lower left of my screen there is a button with 4 horizontal lines and a little down arrow, press that and it gives you cut copy paste.

They may have got rid of it and put that in its place.

Originally Posted by crsnwby View Post
My KB has an invisible space bar, caps lock, and an invisible backspace, they are there but I have to search in the empty areas for them.

Sounds more like you have a full KB but they removed ESC. Not to osure as mine may well be hidden as above, but in the lower left of my screen there is a button with 4 horizontal lines and a little down arrow, press that and it gives you cut copy paste.

You might be using an add-on app theme. I get the ones you experience if I choose reflect, marina or any add-on themes. If you revert back to the nokia themes that was originally in the phone you will see them. I reverted back until they make updates on them. The add-ons work fine with background but not as theme.

Revert back to the orig. nokia themes in your phone. you don't have to revert back the background. Just change back the theme and you'll see the full virtual KB.

They shouldn't have removed the down arrow button.

Originally Posted by crsnwby View Post

Mate I had the exact same problem!

Here is the solution

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=66

The terminal commands basically copy the keyboard icons for the default keyboard over to the custom themed keyboard

Enjoy!

As for the OP. There is a nice rectangular space thats dimmed and blurred tht shows the app your are typing into! Its at the top of the virtual keyboard above the space that shows you what you have entered. Tap anywhere in that dimmed/blurred space and you exit the virtual keyboard