Active Topics

Notices

i have the following problem: i set up gmail in the n900 email settings, if i open the email and press "send and receive" i get my emails, everything works nicely. i set it to refresh every hour. the problem is that i never receive emails without pressing "send and receive"!

under settings->email connectivity i have it set to connect to my provider. search interval is set to "never" and i have the internet connection off. whenever an app like omweather needs to refresh, it opens the internet connectivity by itself, refreshes and disconnects. thats what i would expect of the email, but it doesnt!

email ist set to: update automatically, updated when connected via any connection and update every hour.

under email-accounts->gmail: everything is filled in, i left "use connection specific smtp servers" unticked.

whats going on??

Last edited by Raubtier; 2010-05-31 at 23:15.

please maemo-community, dont let me down! :-(

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Good morning from Ireland!...
if you are setting your search interval to "never" in email settings then that is exactly what will happen... you will have to sync manually. If you go to OM weather settings, you will see you can do the same; if you were to switch it to "never" as well then that is exactly what you will get: a search interval of never.... just set your email to some interval of your liking (mine is at 30 mins.) and you should be good to go. I hope I helped in clearing that up

Last edited by Jayboy5; 2010-06-01 at 08:10.

thanks for your answer!

there is a misunderstanding!

the wlan search under settings->internetconnections->search interval is set to "never"

the refresh in the email section is set to "1 hour"

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Hey JayBoy,

From Ireland here myself, jesus im hoping you can help me. Got the N900, its really cool but having email probs.

In work i connect via a wifi, i put in the Wep key, its accepted and i can browse the web, use witter and barriosquare etc. What I cant do however is get email to refresh, imap is enabled on my gmail, this works at home just not in work.

As I said the wep key is valid, i can user the other web apps just email wont work, and also widgets wont refresh such as the facebook widget.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Colm

Originally Posted by Jayboy5 View Post
Good morning from Ireland!...
if you are setting your search interval to "never" in email settings then that is exactly what will happen... you will have to sync manually. If you go to OM weather settings, you will see you can do the same; if you were to switch it to "never" as well then that is exactly what you will get: a search interval of never.... just set your email to some interval of your liking (mine is at 30 mins.) and you should be good to go. I hope I helped in clearing that up

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I have the same problem. Can only recieve new emails when i click 'send and recieve' although my update interval is set for every 5mins

i use hotmail (not via nokia messaging) and ovi mail. Is there a fix for this or something i'm doing wrong? It only happens since i've updated to PR.1.2. I think someone may have mentioned the email widget has something to do with it?

Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
Hey JayBoy,

From Ireland here myself, jesus im hoping you can help me. Got the N900, its really cool but having email probs.

In work i connect via a wifi, i put in the Wep key, its accepted and i can browse the web, use witter and barriosquare etc. What I cant do however is get email to refresh, imap is enabled on my gmail, this works at home just not in work.

As I said the wep key is valid, i can user the other web apps just email wont work, and also widgets wont refresh such as the facebook widget.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Colm
Hey, yea unfortunately I can't refresh email via my home wifi (eircom) I can say howver that this is not n900's fault... it is due to eircom router settings that I have tried messing with to no avail. I was in the booky the other day though and emails refreshed fine on their eircom wifi which I don't understand. Now I just refresh emails with my sim carrier (o2) until I figure it out. Sorry I can't be more help

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Sounds like https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6898 . Please no "I have this problem too" comments in that report, but feel free to CC yourself and to click "Vote for this bug".

Also I do know that back home in the usa there is no issues with wifi and email. this only started once I got to Ireland... something with ports and smtp servers i think

Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
thanks for your answer!

there is a misunderstanding!

the wlan search under settings->internetconnections->search interval is set to "never"

the refresh in the email section is set to "1 hour"

Hey there! Yeah sorry, I thought your were referring to your email search interval. The only thing I can think to suggest is that maybe your not set to automatically update via any connection? Did you enter a specific one?