More info on first Nokia device running Meego, interview with Alberto Torres Nokia EVP.
* MeeGo phone being announced this year
* MeeGo phone will push the boudaries of processing power
* MeeGo phone will be a very high end product
* MeeGo is an opportunity to create something well beyond what others are doing
* MeeGo phone is step 5 of 5 and intended for mass market
* MeeGo phone will be something everyone wants to own
* MeeGo phone will try to satisfy all needs into one plate
* MeeGo phone will be capacitive, more stylish and more beautiful with simpler UI that average users will find as equally compelling as tech leaders.
* MeeGo has potential to be something deeper than typical smartphone
* Maemo apps not directly backwards compatible with MeeGo
* Nokia N8 will be Nokia’s flagship in a few months
* All future flagships will be built on MeeGo
* MeeGo phone will be on Nseries (not rumoured Sseries)
* MeeGo will have higher experience level than Symbian
* Symbian^3 and MeeGo will have certain minimum base level specification to ensure apps created on one device works in another.
* N8 is first step in reclaiming momentum at high end.
* MeeGo is the next step.