Hi all, so I'm an American that is currently in Nepal for a month.. I'm trying to get the new Angry Birds level pack, but it is just not working.

Every time I try to make a purchase, my card is declined by Ovi. I have tried three different cards and confirmed with my bank that everything is fine.. I'm suspecting that Ovi is rejecting me because of the country I'm connecting from. Is there any way around this? Ideas?

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
I can't make purchases in the Ovi store either. I'm in the US.
When I enter my credit card info, it claims that the address does not match the card's billing address, even though it matches exactly, including upper/lower case, whitespace and everything else.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Netslums
I've got the same thing as Ken-Young... address is spelled correctly and I've tried all combos but Ovi store wont take it. Sad times...

cant purchase from Singapore either.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
You might need to call your bank and ask them to remove the block against purchases from other countries(if you have such limitation, some have that limit IIRC).

Originally Posted by redstar1949 View Post
Hi all, so I'm an American that is currently in Nepal for a month.. I'm trying to get the new Angry Birds level pack, but it is just not working.

Every time I try to make a purchase, my card is declined by Ovi. I have tried three different cards and confirmed with my bank that everything is fine.. I'm suspecting that Ovi is rejecting me because of the country I'm connecting from. Is there any way around this? Ideas?
Yeah, they seem to have some countries in something like a "blacklist" when it comes to using foreign credit cards. I got the same problem and not only with Ovi Store, but with TomTom too.

I wrote to Ovi support abut it and basically what they told me was that I would need a local credit card (in my case Lithuanian) to purchase from Ovi Store. This is kind of silly considering that they sell apps for mobile device that, well, are mobile to a point where they may cross borders.

However, at least with TomTom the issue was not with them, but with the company they use for credit transaction. So maybe it's a similar situation with Ovi Store.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Recently, I've been unable to use my (already registered) credit card with the Ovi store. I used it back earlier this year to buy the Angry Birds Level Pack without problems. Now I'm unable to re-use it again to buy Morpho Panorama.
(Haven't yet checked if deleting / re-registering helps)

The teething problems of the Ovi Store are just unbelieveable. Every baby learns quicker. The search/browse interface has an absurd filtering mechanism.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
I can't purchase from Russia too.

I have also double checked with my bank and they confirm that they have never rejected a purchase, it is Ovi Store that is rejecting, not my bank.

Maybe it would be possible to go through a VPN or proxy on the N900? Is that a possibility?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Same issue from Romania. Tried to purchase Angry Birds with two different credit cards, both got me "Card declined" and asks me to input a different card. The cards are not blocked from online purchases, I am using them constantly for online purchases. I first thought Romania is on some sort of a black list, but it seems US gets the same problem.

Anyhow, everybody was crying for paid applications support in Ovi Store ... they did provide us with paid application support, they simply forgot to make them purchasable Was there a brainstorming for that too? or only for supporting them in Ovi Store?