Is there a way to save the layout of your desktop(s)?

Several times now I have forgotten (stupidly) to lock my phone, and managed to re-arrange all the icons on my desktop!

NB. I do not want to have my phone lock automatically

Cheers

Look to this 60 minutes older thread on the same subject:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55635

Why not try using Desktop activity ... it will save your desktop layout , and also let you make many of desktop layouts for ( holiday or car or whatever)

It is in Extra

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahmoda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Tripledrop View Post
Is there a way to save the layout of your desktop(s)?

Several times now I have forgotten (stupidly) to lock my phone, and managed to re-arrange all the icons on my desktop!

NB. I do not want to have my phone lock automatically

Cheers
Yes ... the Desktop Activity Manager in Extras ... you can use it to save different arrangements of desktops ... especially useful if you need different arrangements for different activities ... I used it at the weekend to put everything important for a trip away onto one page that a friend could use while I was driving!

... you need to save your current arangement under one name ... and then move your activity to a new name, as it tracks any changes as they are made ... so if you mess things up just return to the old version and re-save it! .. hope this helps!

ETA ... see Ahmoda beat me to it! ... *grins*

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post

LOL ...

I like desktop activity manager toooooooo much it is a must have application for me...

I did not beat you man ,. it is just Telepathic

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... a must have for me too ... I put too much work into sorting my desktop not to want to save it when i want/need something different!

Thanks for the advice

I actually have this installed already, but never got around to playing with it. Never thought about it for my problem!

Last edited by Tripledrop; 2010-06-09 at 14:14.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Desktop activity manager is pretty pointless. I install it and after a few hours it disappears and I cannot access it. I have to uninstall then reinstall.
All the desktops i saved are there but what is the point of this if I have to continuously uninstall it?

Originally Posted by pthomas22 View Post
Desktop activity manager is pretty pointless. I install it and after a few hours it disappears and I cannot access it. I have to uninstall then reinstall.
All the desktops i saved are there but what is the point of this if I have to continuously uninstall it?

Working great with me even when i upgrade to PR 1.2

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by EmmaGx View Post
Yes ... the Desktop Activity Manager in Extras ... you can use it to save different arrangements of desktops ... especially useful if you need different arrangements for different activities ... I used it at the weekend to put everything important for a trip away onto one page that a friend could use while I was driving!

... you need to save your current arangement under one name ... and then move your activity to a new name, as it tracks any changes as they are made ... so if you mess things up just return to the old version and re-save it! .. hope this helps!

So if I understand it...
1.When I install it I get a default desktop which is my current desktops.
2 To change this configuration I MUST save it as say "desktop1" and do my changes.
3 If I want another configuration I save it again as "desktop2" and make my changes. If I don't save as "desktop2" first then any changes I make are made as 'desktop1" so effecitvely I lose that configuration?