Hello folks. Im a bit frustrated right now. I left my N900 turned off for 5 days (I was away) and today when I got back home and tried to turn it on, nothing happend. Then I thought the battery might be dead, so I connected the charger and the led turned green (full battery). So now I have no idea what to do. Iv tried taking out the battery and in again, but nothing seems to help.

It still turns green when I connect it to the charger, but the phone wont start. Nothing happens when I hold the power button.

It seems strange that having the phone turned off for a couple days would make it broken...

Any help would be appreciated. I havnt checked the flashing stuff, so I dont know if the phone needs to be turned on to flash it, but I guess i does(duh xD). Im kinda afraid I liked my N900 alot.

Please help

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
try dis-install and then reinstall the battery.......

switch on......and pray!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
What if you take out the battery, insert the charger(I don't know if it will boot, if it does - great), then you could try shutting it down, insert the battery again and try booting.

I'v tried dis-installin and reinstal the battery, it doesnt help And it doesnt boot up with the battery taken out either

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Try with another battery. Then if you still have same issue, try flashing.

if you have a friend with an e71 (the battery can fit) or 5800, try charging the battery on those phones and put back in n900

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
will it go into flashing mode? (hold 'u' insert data cable)

You say when you plugged in the charger the LED went green, I would have thought it should have gone orange first as the battery will naturally drain by itself.

Try holding down the U key and plugging into a PC and see if the USB symbol appears.

You could try also putting it in to R&D mode (I assume it can be done with the flasher, but I am not sure)

http://wiki.maemo.org/R%26D_mode

It wont go into flashing mode (hold U and plug into PC)
I tried taking out the battery and it actually behaves just the same without the battery. As in the led goes green, and nothing else happens.
So I will try to see if it might be the battery (which would be very weird since the phone is 3 months old xD )

I'll check the R&D mode now. Dont know what it is Thanks for the help guys. I'll try with another battery and report back

Originally Posted by Zaky View Post
It wont go into flashing mode (hold U and plug into PC)
I tried taking out the battery and it actually behaves just the same without the battery. As in the led goes green, and nothing else happens.
So I will try to see if it might be the battery (which would be very weird since the phone is 3 months old xD )

I'll check the R&D mode now. Dont know what it is Thanks for the help guys. I'll try with another battery and report back
I have the same problem as you. phone will not go into flashing mode. I got this problem after I turned off the phone in a panic, when it suddenly started playing loud music when I declined a phone call. . (Phone, was set to silent and vibrate only I pressed the submit button when it rang)