Active Topics

it cant be found by the computer
is there something i havent done
im running 1.2 with titans enhanced kernel

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Have you tried reading through the thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=hotspot

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
my n900 is showing a mobilehotspot connection. wifieye doesn't show this connection. i cannot connect to that connection. i have deinstalled the app mobilehotspot. my pc also doesn't show this connection. regardless where i am, this connection always shows up. why?

edit: help anyone?
Attached Images

Last edited by Mr. Incredible; 2010-10-08 at 09:03.

Not really sure on where to post this as no recently active Mobile Hotspot threads relating to anything similar.

I have been having some problems with my N900 on T-Mobile UK recently, have been unable to VNC into my remote desktop machine, this is not through SSH so I will try this but no I notice my mobile hotspot no longer works either I have 4 machines neither can pick up the n900 as a new wireless connection.

I am able to see the wireless connection from the N900 itself but from none of the laptops... this is driving me insane now! Anyone else having problems on T-Mobile uk?

I was never able to get either Mobile Hotspot or Joikuspot working. But I only work with Macs. Are you?

Nope all running XP. I have always used it on my laptop but now it doesn't show in the wireless section. Have tried to reboot 3 times. I don;t want to reflash my phone just to find out T-Mobile are blocking something or another... I find it rather coincidental that I can no longer vnc into my home machine nore can I use mobile hotspot

By the way, the app seems to work ok just that I can't see the wireless connection in windows.

Last edited by Spotfist; 2011-03-30 at 13:34.

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Nope all running XP. I have always used it on my laptop but now it doesn't show in the wireless section. Have tried to reboot 3 times. I don;t want to reflash my phone just to find out T-Mobile are blocking something or another... I find it rather coincidental that I can no longer vnc into my home machine nore can I use mobile hotspot

By the way, the app seems to work ok just that I can't see the wireless connection in windows.
Which version of MHS do you have, 0.3.4 or 0.3.5? I had the same issue with v0.3.5, but after I went back to v0.3.4 everything works again. Read more here.

lol I got 0.3.4 installed. Just need to know if it's a T-Mobile thing... I assume that even if t-mobile are blocking tethering I would still be able to connect to my n900 just not surf?

If you can see N900's access point and you can connect with it, then probably the issue is caused by T-Mobile network.

When you tether with N900, open N900's browser and try to surf with it, to check if this works.

I'm wondering if it's somehow possible to cheat T-Mobile network?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Mobile Hotspot creates an Ad-Hoc wireless network. If your computer is not set up to show these kinds of networks, you won't be able to see it. (Or maybe certain wireless chipsets/drivers don't show ad-hoc networks either)