Active Topics

hi there
why n900 play the videos with the worse quality available lol
i mean sites like youtube ,movies on line ....
Can we control that and choose another quality available like youtube gave some options of video quality (320,480,720 p)
in some way !

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
The playback in youtube is fine for me here.. I don't see what you're talking about..

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by fuadalrubaie View Post
hi there
Can we control that and choose another quality available like youtube gave some options of video quality (320,480,720 p)
in some way !
Use the Control Panel Applet "Hide User Agent" and change your user agent to a desktop string.

Sites will now treat the N900 as if it is a full desktop computer with the description provided by the string.

(This is one of many websites you can use to check your user agent.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
The playback in youtube is fine for me here.. I don't see what you're talking about..
well , when you play video on fullscreen some pixlesquare show up
and i talk about the options of quality on youtube not show up the (480,720 p)

Use the Control Panel Applet "Hide User Agent" and change your user agent to a desktop string.

Sites will now treat the N900 as if it is a full desktop computer with the description provided by the string.

(This is one of many websites you can use to check your user agent.)
where i can find that !

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
You can MediaBox for accessing YouTube. It gives you a choice of available compatible formats. (Note: 720p and 1024p are not compatible with the N900, though)

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
You can MediaBox for accessing YouTube. It gives you a choice of available compatible formats. (Note: 720p and 1024p are not compatible with the N900, though)
Can you browse youtube with Media Box

User agent is useless!! Those guys who are advising it, have you ever tried it?

Well, you will be able to chose quality, but if we are talking about youtube you will see a terrible slideshow even on 360p, and for 480p - even sound will lag.

Mediabox? wow, i tried this but it didnt give an option of choosing quality, and videos looks very poor.

And as for youtube itself, the quality indeed is super bad, because in fact it's not the original desktop youtube (you can notice in the original boockmarks site adress is listed as m.youtube.com/?client=mv-nokia-maemo). Moreover i suppose all videos are specially rendering in sth about 120x160, according to these giant ugly pixels squares.

So far. no program (i tried mediabox, zoutube, mytube, gpodder) allows to watch streaming videos in at least watchable 360p. The only way to get 360p - is to download with gpodder and the watch.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by fuadalrubaie View Post
hi there
in some way !
You can, just set the user agent to Firefox/3.6.4
But there is no HW accel for n900 flash, so it will be hell-slow 2fps. You have to wait for adobe fp 10.1 for n900.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I guess YouTube videos are of lower quality as they stream really fast on the phone. I guess they're thinking that the smaller screen will compensate. My experience of this is to the contrary, though.

Hiding your user agent is worth trying, though.

hope that will be fix in the next update if will be a next update lol