Posts: 150 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California, USA
Guys,

I just realized that whenever I tap the screen (click) on the top part of the screen (Status applet area) there is a squeaking noise when I click it.

Doesn't feel really good when you purchased a phone with $$ which is not even older than 3 month. The phone was never dropped and it has a screen protector too. Anyone facing the same problem. Is there any kind of solution to this. Feels that the screen is not glued properly that kind of feeling.

Your help will be greatly appreciate.
I am attaching a screenshot with red circle that's the part makes that noise.

'Keep your friend close and your enemies closer.'

To be more specific, right where NOKIA logo is on the screen.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Mine has a click noise on the top-right corner of the screen (where the X button is for closing apps). It started happening after about 5 or 6 months of perfection. Many others have similar...

Maybe you can tigheten or loosen screws on the screen to maybe fix it, but I don't want to mess with it yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Mine has a click noise on the top-right corner of the screen (where the X button is for closing apps). It started happening after about 5 or 6 months of perfection. Many others have similar...

Maybe you can tigheten or loosen screws on the screen to maybe fix it, but I don't want to mess with it yet.
Isn't Nokia know for durability? I used so many Nokia's before never had any hardware issues/body part - other than the camera not working after 2 years or so.

I don't want to play with it too.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
At first mine made the noise only sometimes, now it is almost every time I press in that part of the screen. So it seems it gets worse with time. :-/

Screen functionality still seems to work properly, I don't notice any lack of response in that area, but the feel & sound of the "click" is annoying to me.

Same here!! I feel that the screen is not responding or something like that. It's just a bad feeling. Anyhow we need to use little bit extra tapping when it comes to N900, if we compare with a Iphone.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
mine at the bottom where yge space button on virtual keyboard is but i already fixed it lol.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
mine at the bottom where yge space button on virtual keyboard is but i already fixed it lol.
And how did you do that?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
iPhone is capacitive and N900 is resistive. Resistive is pressure based touch, where capacitive using heat and skin texture.

I fixed my clicking noise by apply some pressure on the metal frame wih your finger and push it down againsthe screen to tighten the frame so the screen will hold to the frame better. Mine stopped clicking now

Remember, apply pressure on the edge only. Sometimes the glue came off or the frame expand during heat. Metal expand when get warmer :P

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zaedej View Post
Guys,

I just realized that whenever I tap the screen (click) on the top part of the screen (Status applet area) there is a squeaking noise when I click it.

Doesn't feel really good when you purchased a phone with $$ which is not even older than 3 month. The phone was never dropped and it has a screen protector too. Anyone facing the same problem. Is there any kind of solution to this. Feels that the screen is not glued properly that kind of feeling.

Your help will be greatly appreciate.
I am attaching a screenshot with red circle that's the part makes that noise.

Try to press a screen's upper frame slightly inward with your fingers. At least in my phone the frame is a little bit loose and it causes that clicking noise when it's not properly in place.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jykke For This Useful Post: