Active Topics

Notices

I will pay the person who successfully ports mupen plus (nintendo 64 emulator) from pandora to the Nokia n900
£60

The emulator will need to run at a good framerate on most games

Good luck everyone

P.s
Can a mod change this thread to a sticky thanks

Last edited by Jay92; 2010-06-21 at 13:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jay92 For This Useful Post:
I'll add $10 to that for sure. Just to be fair though.. Mupen Plus on pandora isn't working with a lot of games so I'd be happy with a direct port.

Some extra information:
1. Currently a very nicely polished version is surfacing for the Pandora with a full OpenGL ES2 plugin available. This is open sourced and is available here:
Source here: Here
Google Code page, with plugin: Here

2. mupen64plus developer pages are here:
http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php...3-mupen64plus/
and older/dead one in the developer corner:
http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php...6&#entry831256

Seems like a lot of people are still struggling to get it to run on the Pandora for a lot of games... but Zelda OOT and Mario 64 seem to consistently work.

Looks like if your want to ask them some questions the people to pm are ari64 and Pickle.

Last edited by IzzehO; 2010-06-21 at 13:46.

The reason why Nintendo Games work is that they don't usually use nasty hacks from the hardware to make their games run, while third parties usually always use system hacks to make their games have speedups/effects.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I don't know why is this cash prize for, as so far, AT LEAST three people have ported it by now: cpasjuste, me, and smoku (I guess?).

You can get my binaries & patched (old) source from http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/64/ .

Mine ran OoT at 10-11fps, similar to the latest cpasjuste's binary I tried, but with too aggressive clipping.

It's been quite interesting as everyone started afresh and thus we ended with lots of different mupen64plus "port implementations"...

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-06-21 at 15:38.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I don't know why is this cash prize for, as so far, AT LEAST three people have ported it by now: cpasjuste, me, and smoku (I guess?).

You can get my binaries & patched (old) source from http://depot.javispedro.com/nit/64/ .

Mine ran OoT at 10-11fps, similar to the latest cpasjuste's binary I tried, but with too aggressive clipping.

It's been quite interesting as everyone started afresh and thus we ended with lots of different mupen64plus "port implementations"...
Ah, but none of them are using the OpenGL ES plugin developed for pandora (I think?) which is what makes it all the more exciting. And yeah, smoku (from the previous thread) wasn't able to compile the latest source for pandora (that's only really been out since May)... although given your filename I'd have to believe you have it's implementation at some level?

(That's not to say we don't appreciate the work you've done thus far :P)

Last edited by IzzehO; 2010-06-21 at 19:35.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway

How do you run the game?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
Ah, but none of them are using the OpenGL ES plugin developed for pandora (I think?) which is what makes it all the more exciting.
Actually all are of them are using it.

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
And yeah, smoku (from the previous thread) wasn't able to compile the latest source for pandora
Is there really any hint that it has had a considerable speedup since March? I grabbed my snapshot on March 1st iirc.

Actually all are of them are using it.

Is there really any hint that it has had a considerable speedup since March? I grabbed my snapshot on March 1st iirc.
It really looks to have improved a fair bit. From what I can tell... pre-May builds were developement builts. Some of the videos showing up are showing Mario 64 at full speed and OoT at reasonable FPS. Would it be difficult to compile the latest? Hell if only to score yourself 60 bucks? An installable package running at any speed would be frontpage new IMO.

Also trying to install your binary and its having issues with install path.. even when I force install dir with --installdir

Any tips on commandline input and where to put plugins folder?

Last edited by IzzehO; 2010-06-22 at 03:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Javispedro, how do we run your binary?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Nipperoid View Post
Javispedro, how do we run your binary?
I suggest you don't as long as it is binary and you don't already know how to do it.

but here are some hints:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-u...iles-in-linux/

e: I will donate 5-10 eur too to the pot.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search