Active Topics

Hello Everyone, Greetings from India !!

I know for the fact that this forum is mostly for people who have already bought the N900 and who may have some technical queries about their product. But with the N900 just been launched in this part of the world, people here have just started to understand, explore and use it. So I am one person who is just about to, on the verge of buying the N900 but have some concerns...

Maybe this question would have been discussed here a lot of time, but since I am new to this community, I thought I will try to know this from you guys. With Meego already been announced as Nokia's new OS for Tablets and smart phones. What is the Future left for MAEMO 5. Will there be no future support, Firmware updates for MAEMO as Nokia now, has decided to Abandon MAEMO. Will there be any Upgrade in Version for MAEMO. If some one like me who has liked the N900 in its current state also, but is worried about the MAEMO 5 Future in terms of version upgrade and firmware update. when compared to Android, which keeps coming out with improvised versions...Ver 1.6, 2.1 and now 2.2 slated to release... How should one look at this entire thing..

Thanks in Advance.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
I think this thread should be moved to "Maemo 5 / Fremantle" colume.

The Following User Says Thank You to lanwellon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shanghai, China
As I know, N900 will get PR1.3 update in the future and it will be the final Maemo 5 update.

The community also provide unofficial support for MeeGo on N900.
But just provide necessary driver support.
No apps guaranteed.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel

This post is so blue

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
it reminds me of the blue man group!

no future support for maemo. future support is not nokias brightest side

Your questions have been answered a bazillion times already. Why do people use fora like toiletpaper instead looking into the richly filled dump.

The Following User Says Thank You to acou For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Forget the N900 the N9 is on the way.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Amazonia (Spain)
Originally Posted by acou View Post
Your questions have been answered a bazillion times already. Why do people use fora like toiletpaper instead looking into the richly filled dump.
Yeah, but he used a beautiful and cute blue font, making this post so original and attractive!

I can't stop reading that cool and fresh contribution.

Coming soon

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RolePlayGame For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Come on guys, this forum is FULL of stuff, its really hard to find what you are looking for when the issue is as big as this, at least this guy knows how to formulate a good clear sentence!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nipperoid For This Useful Post:

Tags
different than, future behind