Notices

Well it is obvious from many PM's that a lot of you aren't fans of reading (it isn't a short thread to be fair) - so I am going to create a new thread (I hope the mods don't mind) to inform you how to get Wargus to run Warcraft II;

Step 1: Install Wargus and Stratagus (Strategy Gaming Engine)
Step 2: Use Wargus (http://wargus.sourceforge.net/) on your PC to extract the data files from the Warcraft II CD (Not Battle Net Edition)
Step 3: Copy that data directory to your N900 and rename it "wargus"
Step 4: Put that directory into /opt/stratagus/share/

You should have all your Warcraft II data in /opt/stratagus/share/wargus/

Now click the icon for "Wargus" and play Warcraft II on your N900, this worked for me. I hope it works for all of you.

If this method works for you, just click the thanks button - no need to clutter unless you have some important input. If you have any questions - DO NOT PM ME, just use search and if you do not find your answer post below.

It would be helpful if someone could upload the Wargus Data Directory to save everyone from Step 2 (PM me if you have a link to this).

I never plaid Warcraft II before so I don't know if it is running how it should, but it seems to work fine. I personally miss Starcraft.

- Tony

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
can you post screenshots?

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
can you post screenshots?
Yeah man, here - I don't know why.

Here's one of the main menu, and here is another one of me building some buildings.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Last time i tried to use my warcraft data wargus kept to exit after start screen. I make another try later

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Nice, just have to learn to properly use the hotkeys because the lack of right click.
Will test out when I have the time.

Does this work for all of you?

how can i copy the files im trying to use emelfm2 since i had my files in the mmc and its telling me i do not have permissions also stratagus is no longer in repositories

Originally Posted by haberc View Post
how can i copy the files im trying to use emelfm2 since i had my files in the mmc and its telling me i do not have permissions also stratagus is no longer in repositories
You might need root access (install rootsh and type sudo gain root in xterm) to copy. Someone else will chime in to answer your other question I am sure.

did that the same

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by haberc View Post
You'll need to run emelfm2 as root, or use "cp" from the command line as root instead. And stratagus is still in the extras-devel repository (according to this anyway).