Active Topics

Notices

Hi all,

I get a repeat of two key presses instead of a single key press using x11vnc. e.g. 's' typed on N900 comes out as 'ss' on the server running x11vnc. The x11vnc is started using x11vnc -noxdamage. I also tried x11vnc - noxdamage -norepeat but that did not help either.

The vncviewer is from the stable maemo repo. any ideas what might be wrong?

I am sorry, but I seem a bit confused by your post, you got x11vnc from repos on your N900 and you got VNCViewer from Maemo repos as well? Are you trying to connect to yourself? Or do you have 2 Maemo devices you are trying to VNC with?

Sorry if i wasnt clear. I am connecting to my gentoo linux desktop running x11vnc from N900. The desktop shows double key presses.

Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
Sorry if i wasnt clear. I am connecting to my gentoo linux desktop running x11vnc from N900. The desktop shows double key presses.
You are connecting to you Linux desktop that happens to be running x11vnc from your N900 using VNC Viewer. To me this sounds like a problem on your desktop.

On your Linux desktop, If you run x11vnc with the '-dk' (debug keyboard) option you will see all of x11vnc's activity regarding keystrokes.

So you may be able to see if the VNC viewer is sending things twice, or if keysym is generated for both keypress and keyrelease, or etc.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Prague/Czech Republic
hello,
just in case you're still interested "x11vnc -skip_dups" solved the problem for me ...

daniel