Active Topics

Hi All,

Im new to this forum, would like to gain and contribute at the same time ...!!! Once again greetings to all!!

I've bought a N900 couple of days ago and cant get the Nokia messaging to work on it. Neither can i setup mails without nokia messaging, seems the port number and server information is wrong, I have tried 16 -20 different conmbinations, I'm tired and exhausted. Though I'm sure I'm missing something and hence I'm here.

I have registered on mail.nokia.com/ it did let me register, however, my phone should have Nokia messaging for some reason it does not, I have tried downloading the S60 version from messaging.nokia.com/ though again it does not allow me to install the file on my N900 --- saying its corrupted ...

I have no clue ... went around a lot of posts... I'm ready to share as much information ... but please help me ... this is the first time in over 10 years that I've been with nokia ... I've had a horrendous time ..

I meant first time in 10 years been down with nokia ...

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
FYI you can't install Nokia Messaging on the N900. Just add your accounts online to your Nokia Messaging website (http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action)

Then on your N900 Go to e-mail, click on E-Mail in the top-middle part of your screen, choose new account, click Next and under 'Service Provider' choose Nokia Messaging.

Input your login and you're good to go.

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
FYI you can't install Nokia Messaging on the N900. Just add your accounts online to your Nokia Messaging website (http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action)

Then on your N900 Go to e-mail, click on E-Mail in the top-middle part of your screen, choose new account, click Next and under 'Service Provider' choose Nokia Messaging.

Input your login and you're good to go.
Thanks a ton to come out for help ...

I dont have nokia messaging as the service provider ... ...

What do to then ...

I don't know..try selecting another country (above 'Service Provider'). Maybe Nokia Messaging works only in certain countries..

I don't know..try selecting another country (above 'Service Provider'). Maybe Nokia Messaging works only in certain countries..
I;ve tried with US UK and other countries as well ... but without any helop ... is it possible to install it or download it ........

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
Are you in the US? if so then there is a bug affecting T-Mobile users, where Nokia Messaging does not show up. If you have an AT&T sim card available then you can put this in temporarily then you will be able to select Nokia Messaging as a service provider.

Once it is setup you can switch back to the original SIM card. I believe you should be able to set it up on WiFi if you don't want any data charges on the AT&T SIM.

Last edited by siperkin; 2010-07-13 at 21:43.

Originally Posted by siperkin View Post
Are you in the US? if so then there is a bug affecting T-Mobile users, where Nokia Messaging does not show up. If you have an AT&T sim card available then you can put this in temporarily then you will be able to select Nokia Messaging as a service provider.
Thanks for taking interest siperkin!

I'm in india (New Delhi) ! DOnt think its got anythign to do with that bug ...

Try adding it with a friend's SimCard on another provider. Maybe your Nokia Messaging is not available for your provider.

Or try also in a few days..their servers might be down.

Try adding it with a friend's SimCard on another provider. Maybe your Nokia Messaging is not available for your provider.

Or try also in a few days..their servers might be down.
I would update in with a new sim card in a while ...

Tags
e-mail, mail.nokia.com, nokia messaging, nokia n900