Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
Guys,
I have downloaded and installed GIMP as suggested by others for changing the icons colour and transparency. I have no idea how to use this software or even where to start. Would someone be so kind to make a quick basics to show simply open a png, change colour and transparency please.
Would be much appreciated and sure others would benefit also.

Stephen

Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Guys,
I have downloaded and installed GIMP as suggested by others for changing the icons colour and transparency. I have no idea how to use this software or even where to start. Would someone be so kind to make a quick basics to show simply open a png, change colour and transparency please.

Stephen
There are about a billion user guides for the Gimp on Google, lots of them very good as well.

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/
http://gimp-tutorials.net/
http://www.gimp-tutorials.com/

Just a few selected
Thanks

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
GIMP is extremely well documented. The online documentation will give you all you need if all you want to do is open a file, change colour and transparency and save it.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Guys,

Stephen
To learn Gimp you should really do some searching. It is a very competent program. Do some googeling and youtubing. Learning how to do new layers and stuff is good.

Anyway.. here is a screendump for you:
Attached Images

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-07-17 at 08:38.

AlMedhi,
Thank you for the screen dump. How do I get the right window up, I only have the toolbox window showing.
Thanks for your help, just realised you assisted me in both my threads. Much appreciated

Stephen

I not sure i understand what you mean.. If you want to open toolboxes you can find them under the Tools menu. For layers toolbox you could press Ctrl+L.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-07-17 at 11:12.

Thanks mate, that was it, Ctrl+L.
So I have opened a battery png for a tester. I wish to change he colour from green to blue. What is the easiest way?
I simply wish to change green to a selected colour blue.

I understand as above noted, tuts on the net. I have seen a few and pretty in depth, I didn't expect to read or watch hours of tuts to see if I can find how to change a colour. Hence why i posted the thread, just thought someone that is very good with the software would give some quick simple advice. Click this, do that, colour changed, maybe not that simple with GIMP?

Thanks mate, that was it, Ctrl+L.
So I have opened a battery png for a tester. I wish to change he colour from green to blue. What is the easiest way?
I simply wish to change green to a selected colour blue.

I understand as above noted, tuts on the net. I have seen a few and pretty in depth, I didn't expect to read or watch hours of tuts to see if I can find how to change a colour. Hence why i posted the thread, just thought someone that is very good with the software would give some quick simple advice. Click this, do that, colour changed, maybe not that simple with GIMP?
I would make a new layer then use the selection tool to mark up the borders of the battery. When that is done i'd choose the fill tool and fill inside the selection.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-07-17 at 11:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Thanks AlMehdi,
Just what I was needing.
Much appreciated.

Stephen

AlMehdi,
Just did as suggested, so simple. Much appreciated, mate.

Stephen