Active Topics

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I got 2 modifications that I would like to see on the microb browser, an both has to do with the user experience while in full screen with keyboard closed: 1 Back button, 2 mouse and clicking

1.) I was wonder if i was possible to to add a back button while in full screen to the bottom left that behaves same as the full screen button on the bottom right (while in full screen). Just like the fullscreen button on the bottom right, have it appear then fade. It just seems moe efficient for me if i could go back without going out of full screen first, or swiping right to left to bring up the recent history if i only want to go 1 page back.

2.) Would be nice to be able swipe from right to left (from the right side) while using the right thumb to hover the mouse cursor. And use left thumb to press the proximity sensor to click (similar to the implementation of used in shortcutd). I think it'll be more comfortable than pressing the space bar, and especially will be more useful if you want to browser with he keyboard closed, or playing flash games on the phone.

I have no idea howto do this myself, not quite sure how do-able it is, or if anyone would care for this to be implemented, just throwing ideas there, the browser is already amazing as it is.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
how about a forward button? or is there already one of those and i can't find it?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by RogerTHAcctant View Post
I got 2 modifications that I would like to see on the microb browser, an both has to do with the user experience while in full screen with keyboard closed: 1 Back button, 2 mouse and clicking

1.) I was wonder if i was possible to to add a back button while in full screen to the bottom left that behaves same as the full screen button on the bottom right (while in full screen). Just like the fullscreen button on the bottom right, have it appear then fade. It just seems moe efficient for me if i could go back without going out of full screen first, or swiping right to left to bring up the recent history if i only want to go 1 page back..
I have the camera button mapped to browser back in shortcutd and it works awesome for fullscreen mode.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
I have the camera button mapped to browser back in shortcutd and it works awesome for fullscreen mode.
me too, i wasn't referring to the camera button though, i mean the proximity sensor. its not the default button for shortcutd, but you can set it, try it (go to settings, scroll to the bottom, and enable the proximity sensor

I would like to see a ".com" (or something) button in the bar, as a sugestion as you type, as do most of mobile browsers.

I would like to see a better cache too, check the back button in Opera, it's blazing fast...

Desired Mods:

1) A tagging system for bookmarks, for example like Firefox >= 3.5.

2) Typing into the navigation bar will produce not just history results, but also (and often time more importantly) bookmarks.

buuuuuuuuuuump!?

Is there a way to show source code from websites?

Also I want to know if there is a solution to search bookmarks like app search widget inside microb? (Just typing the name of the site.)

Thanks for respond
jackspost

i wanna see this back button on full screen while browsing on microb too like he said to make it like the fullscreen toggle and then fade, is there anybody who can help?

Last edited by Changegames; 2010-09-19 at 11:34.

Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
i wanna see this back button on full screen while browsing on microb too like he said to make it like the fullscreen toggle and then fade, is there anybody who can help?
As cfh11 said, install shortcutd and map either the camera button or (as I tend to) the prox sensor to back. Also, you do realise that the backspace key works as back?

While we're talking mods to the browsers, see my sig for search options.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...