Active Topics

Notices

I'm pleased to announce case, a two-pane file manager for N900. It aims to provide clean and effective interface to allow you to fast and comfortably manage your files. Get it from extras-devel while its hot

Get the newest version from extras-devel.

WARNING: This is still beta version. It may and will be buggy. There is a real chance you can lose your data while using it. Please try it out, but backup your data (using something else that this filemanager). I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your files.

Right now it can move, copy or delete your files in the background (allowing you to keep using the file manager and do more operations at once), provide progress indication and overwrite/error handling.

Any suggestions, notes and bug reports are most welcome. I have some good ideas to extend the user interface and the functionality. I will write something down to the project's garage page, which you can also use for bug reports.

Usage:
I hope the interface is intuitive, the active pane is marked by a focus rectangle. Delete operates on files selected in the active pane, copy and move moves, resp. copies from active pane to the inactive one. There are also buttons to clone/switch the panes. You can also use Ctrl+H to show/hide hidden files, although it is a bit buggy (see below).

You can click the free space above error/overwrite dialogs to hide the dialog. The operation will be paused and you can fix things. Tap the bar to pause/resume an operation, long press will bring up the abort prompt.

Known Issues:
- The interface can be sluggish when an operation is in progress. Not much I can do about that, its partly caused by the I/O load and partly because linux sadly does not support setting priority for threads.

- When hidden files are shown and hidden again, some will stay visible. A bug in QT.
Attached Images

Last edited by lukash; 2010-08-23 at 20:24.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to lukash For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
You are really funny, cause garage files are missinf for case...:-D

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Looks pretty good. I'll have to try and find time to play around with this.

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
I want to try it, but this sentence keeps me off:

There is a real chance you can lose your data while using it.

Originally Posted by lukash View Post
I'm pleased to announce case, a two-pane

- The interface can

- When hidden files are shown and hidden again, some will stay visible. A bug in QT.

Wow thats what am looking for....

so how does the hiding works??
Does it asks for a PIN to hide the files?

Originally Posted by s33 View Post
Wow thats what am looking for....

so how does the hiding works??
Does it asks for a PIN to hide the files?
On linux file systems, files or folders starting with a period are 'hidden'. I'm guessing it's the same here. They're mostly configuration files and the like.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
nice, thats exactly that what i have planned to program when i would have free time for it
Do you have plans to add ssh/sftp or smb support?

Originally Posted by amh View Post
On linux file systems, files or folders starting with a period are 'hidden'. I'm guessing it's the same here. They're mostly configuration files and the like.
ok..i know about that...

i know we can hide files through terminal....
But what am asking is that will it be a GUI based hiding thing???
i think so

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
How does it compare with CuteExplorer?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by taril View Post
You are really funny, cause garage files are missinf for case...:-D
Yeah... What do you need them for? Get it from extras-devel repository if you can't add extras-devel to your Application Manager.

I didn't have time to even look at that part of garage, right now I'm even unable to push the changes to garage git due to some strange error.

Tags
file manager