Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
So as title says Apple PR team is working really hard but this time in my opinion they gone too far , its so stupid and childish. Do you think Nokia will respond ? If so what will they say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b-ao...layer_embedded

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow... they just will not concede to their mistake.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
It is getting silly. Apples situation is that the signal can become degraded in normal lefthanded use. With the N97mini, you have to purposely try to degrade the signal.

That is like complaining that a certain car radio brand has a weak reception by design and the company smoothes over the issue by saying that other car radios lose reception in tunnels...........

Stupid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
anyway 2 bars is plenty to make a call

The Following User Says Thank You to crail For This Useful Post:
see us left handers always get screwed. I just know I will lose the stylus also from always having to move it back to the right hand when putting it back.

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
In our tests, the Nokia N97 mini dropped from 7 bars to 2 bars when held in a way that attenuated the signal.
If only they concentrated their tests on their own device before it was released

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
If there was ever any doubt that Apple was about image over substance, these shenanigans should settle the matter...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to voracity For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
"Adding comments for this video has been disabled"

I'm guessing people decided to express their opinions about this silliness... to no avail.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aanckar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by aanckar View Post
"Adding comments for this video has been disabled"

I'm guessing people decided to express their opinions about this silliness... to no avail.
Only logical explanation that comes to my mind is that Apple did this because target audience needed something like this espacailly teenagers or technophobes ( majority of iusers ) but people with more or less common sense and some knowledge in physics definitely will be angry.

Yep I also notice that they removed ability to add comments I think we all know why

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
I tried it on my Omnia 2 and N900, and signal loss did not happened.
Maybe, because am out of the US and I am a customer of T-Mobile Hungary that has the best 3G/HSDPA service all over the world.

So Apple sucks (only in the USA?), cause I tested the iPhone 4 over T-Mobile Hungary, and it did happened, lost (only) 2 signal bars immediately when I hold the phone like on this movie. But I don't care, cause iPhone 4 performs better on networks that outside of the USA!

So, this signal loss only happens in the USA, poor mobile network development, poor Apple development.

Apple sucks, but iPhone 4 still rocks and will forever, cause Nokia cant produce any stylish product, ever!

The Following User Says Thank You to taril For This Useful Post:

Tags
finger pointing, wasnt me