Active Topics

Hi everyone this time I'm posting what I think is a possible SOLUTION to the anoying problem the Nokia N900 has after 2, 3 or 4 days of continuos use causing the device to slows down till a point we just have to reboot.

I wrote a script the refresh several processes like if you are rebooting your N900 but it does not reboot it or causes sudden battery drain like what happens when you reboot the N900.

Just open the X-Terminal and run as ROOT:
sh OptimizeN900

I have been testing it and updating it for several weeks and this could be the final script

Please be aware that the screen will show weird stuff but it is normal because the ALL UIs and Hildon are restarting.

Here you can see a screenshot from my own N900 running perfectly well after almost 6 days
Name:  Screenshot-20100722-033515.jpg
Views: 21793
Size:  48.6 KB

Please tell me if that help you, I hope it does. GOD Bless You ALL!
Attached Files
File Type: zip OptimizeN900.zip (977 Bytes, 4226 views)

The Following 144 Users Say Thank You to JorgeFX For This Useful Post:
abill_uk, adhrie, aeol, agogo, Alex Atkin UK, alienhead, apollovy, ArchiMark, arjunkumar87, arnoldux, azad1top, bakuur, bandora, Blaxe, BLC, Bobbe, bobbydoedoe, botpl, botski, bunanson, burmashave, canuckkat, cardiff-blues, cheve, Chrome, cipper, Coffee, contro, corduroysack, crazy_agent, Crogge, D4rKlar, dana.s, danramos, Dany-69, Dark_Angel85, debernardis, Digicom, enne30, etuoyo, F2thaK, filologen, fotis9, funkmunk, fuyoh, fw190, gazza_d, gs1, gsever, Gusse, HoX, humble, Ikari, imo, inkirby, ioan, JadeH, japes, jberezhnoy, jedi, joshv06, jrinconr, kevinp93, kevloral, logicalsid, lorenzo, luckylefty, lvlonkey, maartenmk, maemo.it, maguitodelrock, Maj3stic, manvik60, mauron85, mbo, Medic7051, mehulrajput, MetalSer, mikki-kun, moepda, Moody, mosiomm, mssusa, mveplus, nashith, navsin, Netweaver, nicholes, nikigo, noipv4, Nokia 5700, noobmonkey, ossipena, OVK, pantera1989, Pillum, praveenchand, Pretoriano, PUNK, pursueky, Pyro1099, q8phantom, RafaLL92, Rammi, rizbert, rolan900d, sachin007, SavageD, saxen, Schturman, scribbles, shaf, shiny, sitemap, skalogre, sony123, Sopwith, SR90, stochashtic, Stonik, strange1712, Strutten, thecubed, tHMZ, ThomasAH, thommy, Tiboric, titi974, TMarki, ToJa92, tzalizam, ug2215, uvatbc, Venty, vielfrass, vkv.raju, VulcanRidr, Wikiwide, WilliePre, xabaras, xgrind, zetagi
I will be watching...

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
So using alarmed or similar we could trigger this at a time we're normally asleep and have it all done automatically?

could you paste the code please

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dana.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
I was wondering when someone would do something like this. Good work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
could you paste the code please
The code is a little long to paste here. That is why I uploaded it on a zip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JorgeFX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
I was wondering when someone would do something like this. Good work
Thanks!

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Where should i place the script? in opt or MyDocs?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
Where should i place the script? in opt or MyDocs?
you probably can't run it from mydocs....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
So using alarmed or similar we could trigger this at a time we're normally asleep and have it all done automatically?
Well, I normally use it only when I feel that the OS is getting slow but in general YES, you only have to add an event with this command:

sudo sh OptimizeN900

And you can setup this to run every day overnight. Please, try it and tell us your experiences. Thanks!

Tags
faster, reflash, refresh, script-a-brick, sell it