Active Topics

In Extras testing there are at the moment 222 apps & themes and 44 of them are in status "Promotion unlocked, waiting for maintainter to promote". These 20% is a pretty high number.

How can this be reduced?

Brainstorm at Many tested apps in Extras-testing are not promoted timely

Last edited by hschmitt; 2010-08-03 at 10:55.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
In my case it's because of two things:
- I got server error when tried to promote severall my themes right after receiving promotion unlocked -mails

- I can't remember which of my themes are unlocked since there are so many of them. A single page which would show status of all my maintained packages would be more than helpful. Now it's slow to search for all packages and then go and check if the testing version is promotable or not.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
- I got server error when tried to promote severall my themes right after receiving promotion unlocked -mails
I’ll try and see with our webmaster if we can resend the promotion emails.

- I can't remember which of my themes are unlocked since there are so many of them. A single page which would show status of all my maintained packages would be more than helpful. Now it's slow to search for all packages and then go and check if the testing version is promotable or not.
I think there is actually a page for that, but I don’t know the URL by heart. The easiest way, barring that, is just to go to http://maemo.org/packages/repository...xtras-testing/ and see if your packages have *green* karma numbers (which means unlocked).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for your thoughts.
The server issue is really an subotpimal. What do you think of solution 1?
If you had an auto-promote option enabled your packages would get promotion when the server recovered.
How about this list?
If the Karma number is green, the package is unlocked and with 5 pages the list is not to long.
And this list is sorted alphabetically and your packages have all the same prefix.

Nevertheless, maybe you can add more solutions to the brainstorm issue?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Thanks for your thoughts.
The server issue is really an subotpimal. What do you think of solution 1?
If you had an auto-promote option enabled your packages would get promotion when the server recovered.
How about this list?
If the Karma number is green, the package is unlocked and with 5 pages the list is not to long.
And this list is sorted alphabetically and your packages have all the same prefix.

Nevertheless, maybe you can add more solutions to the brainstorm issue?
Thanks for the urls. I cleared the list on my part:
- promoted packages that were PR1.2 compatible
- thumbed down the ones that were not

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
I created a solution suggesting to add an option for a maintainer "will not promote".
What do you think?

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
I created a solution suggesting to add an option for a maintainer "will not promote".
What do you think?
Is there no possibilty for a package maintainer to demote a package if he does not wish to promote it?

Me on twitter

What do you think?
What would the rationale be for that ? Testing is a temporary repo before getting to Extras. If you don't want it in extras, you should keep it in extras-devel. If you mean 'will not promote' as in want to remove the package from testing, they just need to thumb their package down.

One teensy request - please upload screenshots of the themes on the respective pages (as it is now, they all have the '?' instead of screenshots).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
What would the rationale be for that ? Testing is a temporary repo before getting to Extras. If you don't want it in extras, you should keep it in extras-devel. If you mean 'will not promote' as in want to remove the package from testing, they just need to thumb their package down.
Okay, I did not know. The intention was, that a developer might just want to collect some feedback for a alpha/beta version, but does not want to have this version in Extras.