Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hello,

I guess I messed up my Keyboard layout.

I have a N900 with german Hardware Keyboard and since 2 days I have always the english layout. ([.] is now [left], [ö] is [.] [ä] is [up] and so on)

The only big thing I can remember I have done is, I canged my Theme form "Matrix PR12" to "Black Plastic Theme" and soon after this back to "Matrix PR12"

Since then I have always the global english Hardwarekeyboardlayout and when I change the theme the background image keeps the same. Changing the device langguage to english and back to german doesn't help. It changes the language in the menu and the software keyboard layout. But not the Hardwarekeyboard.

Has anybody a hint what could be wrong?

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
du hast nur falsch geschaut.
geh in die einstellungen und dort in der linken spalte das vierte element von oben "texteingabe".
dort kannst du ganz oben dein layout einstellen.

english:
you find the hardware keyboard layout in your preferences under textinput (left side, fourth item counting from the top)

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i think you have pressed ctrl+space.
that changes your input language to your second choosen in the layout preferences.
choose first german and second german and you will not have any problems with that.
and btw here are all shortcuts and gestures>
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Shortcuts_and_Gestures

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
english:
you find the hardware keyboard layout in your preferences under textinput (left side, fourth item counting from the top)
Aaah, thanks!

Yes, I have always and only looked under Language Settings. Not under Textinput. It was set at Netherlands. I don't know why. But now it works!

Thanks a lot. I was preparing myself and making backups for my first reflash of my beloved N900.