Apologies if this has already been posted but did a power search and did not find it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/06/n...blets-android/

I really would prefer a tablet to a mobile as the tablet interface looks so amazing. But then again I would rather by a meego tablet from anyone but Nokia. However, I am not sure anyone would be releasing any this year which is disappointing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I am waitig for a Meego Tablet, 5 to 7", with a sleek form factor and a powerful cpu, and hardware kbd. I'll take the first out

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
I've been waiting for a decent size MeeGo device as a successor for my N800... and it seems my wait will continue. If only Dell Streak ran MeeGo. *sigh* Oh well... it's at least good to know now not to expect a big screened device from Nokia. So much for the "Lankku" rumors.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naranek For This Useful Post:
Well honestly i wouldn't be surprised to see MeeGo tablet still being announced this year. 2 months before N900 some Nokia executive said we would not see Maemo phone....
There's some trust worthy sources saying that there would be MeeGo tablet this year. Would be such a waste not to get MeeGo tablet out this year, but who knows with Nokia.

All that said when we are talking about MeeGo tablets UX Nokia wont be the only manufacturer there. So like already said give ~7inch screen give it some umph and i'll get it.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-08-07 at 22:19.

Its a shame if Nokia leaves out the Tablet form factor. I understand they need to concentrate of a smaller device portfolio to get back on track, but the tablet market is a big market and it would be a shame if they decide to stay out.

I for one am looking forward to a MeeGo tablet more than a MeeGo phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I think that Nokia has at least investigated into making a tablet and probably have prototypes floating about the office. There's been rumours at such a frequent pace that there must be something going on at Nokia on this front.

However it could be that they have nothing at a point where they're anywhere close a release. After all, I'v read from a couple sources (Symbian Freak being one of them) that device development usually takes up to three years. And wasn't "Maemo6" being talked about already just before the N900's release?

So "not currently planned" just (probably) means that they're not ready to even think about the device's release just yet.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I am waitig for a Meego Tablet, 5 to 7", with a sleek form factor and a powerful cpu, and hardware kbd. I'll take the first out
There is an intel event on 4th September and the guys at carrypad are expecting there to be a meego tablet on display.

http://carrypad.com/2010/08/06/intel...pt-4th-berlin/

I feel Nokia is missing a great opportunity waiting to see what happens in the tablet market. By the time they have finished waiting to see they will be too late to the party as all their potential customers would already have bought ipads, android tablets or meego tablets from other manufacturers.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Well honestly i wouldn't be surprised to see MeeGo tablet still being announced this year. 2 months before N900 some Nokia executive said we would not see Maemo phone....
Oh i wish he was right i wish.....honestly sometimes i think it would have been better if N900 was never released

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
I'm starting to have more faith in intel with a proper meego tablet/phone than nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bxbomber For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
There is an intel event on 4th September and the guys at carrypad are expecting there to be a meego tablet on display.

http://carrypad.com/2010/08/06/intel...pt-4th-berlin/

I feel Nokia is missing a great opportunity waiting to see what happens in the tablet market. By the time they have finished waiting to see they will be too late to the party as all their potential customers would already have bought ipads, android tablets or meego tablets from other manufacturers.
No , to me it seems Nokia learned from its mistakes. in past that was their problem they were laying their hands on too many things and in the result they screwed everything ei they lost US market and global market share went down..crappy phones in high end sector and much more

now they really need to focus on two thing (lets hope its not to much for their Finnish brains)

1. MeeGo high end phone
2. Solid competitive Symbian ^3,4 mid range phone

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post: