Notices

Poll: Would you purchase Sygic Mobile Maps 10 with Asia Pacific Map Data?
Poll Options
Would you purchase Sygic Mobile Maps 10 with Asia Pacific Map Data?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hi there,
I have started this thread out of frustration with Sygic. Sygic Mobile Maps 10 is available for Symbian, Android, WIndows Mobile 6.5 and iOS, and of course, Maemo. For all mobile OS except Maemo, Sygic offer an Asia Pacific version. I have e-mailed them several times, but get the one of two responses. Coming soon or Australian Map Data not availble. The second response is quite comical considering they offer every other version with Australian Maps.

Anyway, if you would be willing to purchase MM10 with Asia Pacific map data, please vote and I will forward them a link to this thread if we get a decent response. And for those who think Petitions or threads of this nature rarely make a difference, you're absolutlely right, so don't bother reminding me.

Cheers,

travla (from Downunder)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sydney
Couldn't agree anymore.
I would definitely pay for Australia/NZ as well as Asia map for Maemo.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Got another response, and I guess some clarity on the Asia Pacific Region not being available on Maemo. Here is the latest response from Sygic:

Hello,

You are right, but for Maemo is used map provider Navteq and we curently don’t have Australian Map.

Thank you for contacting support and for your interest in our products.

Cheers,

travla

Yes, it is indeed extremely frustrating. Nokia N900 (Maemo) in Australia? ... Just forget usable navigation at this point in time. Is it really that hard to make it work on Maemo if it works on Android?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
For Australian maps, just get the Android map files for Sygic if you can. It works perfectly with Sygic Mobile Maps on N900. It seems like Sygic will never release a N900 map for Australia and that's a shame. I don't get why considering they already have it for Android/Symbian and the map files seem to be 100% compatible. Weird.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-09-09 at 08:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
For Australian maps, just get the Android map files for Sygic if you can. It works perfectly with Sygic Mobile Maps on N900. It seems like Sygic will never release a N900 map for Australia and that's a shame. I don't get why considering they already have it for Android/Symbian and the map files seem to be 100% compatible. Weird.
It has been done successfully? So, I purchase Sygic-Maemo for US or Europe, and then Sygic-Android for Australia, I can actually combine the two? Mhmm. Given that I may be also able to make some use of the other geo's maps, that could actually be a (albeit crazy and unfortunate) workaround.

Thankyou for posting this! Have a great day.

(Sygic - are you reading this? ;-) )

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Well, just to make it more clear.

It did work with Mobile Maps 9. But you might have problems with Mobile Maps 10 for Maemo as it seems they have changed how the map is activated. So the "map file" might be compatible but not the license. So best to contact Sygic and nag at them to release one for Australia.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-09-10 at 11:36.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
THAILAND - INDOCHINA Please!?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Australia
Totally, i really want to puchase this and they haven't listed asia maps for maemo.

Typical of this OS.....its already dead...... thinking of gettin an iphone4 now..